WOIN [WOIN] Looking for an origin which represents a social outcast

kingpin000

Explorer
Hi there,
as the title says, I am looking for an origin for a social outcast. Some members of the race are treated as outcasts by their own kind because the parents did something wrong. Which attributes, skills and exploit could represent this case?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd say CHA (because you need to be able to get by without society's help), REP (people gotta hear of you to throw you out!), WIL (used to being traded badly), and END.

M3woods

Explorer
Pariah [2d6+6 years]
Your parents were cast out from society for [wrongdoing]. Now, despised for the parentage you had no control over choosing, you are shunned by your fellow [race/species].
Prerequisite: [Race/Species]

Attributes: END +1, WIL +1, CHA +1, REP +1
Skill Choices: ??

Disreputable Heritage. The Pariah is met with a general sense of distrust despite the fact there's no legitimate reason to feel such. They gain a +1d6 bonus to all CHA checks related to Intimidating their fellow [Race/Species].

easl

Explorer
I think most if not all of the standard origins careers could accommodate a social outcast background. I'll use OLD as my example but this could probably also apply to the other genre systems. Like so:

Acolyte, Page, Wizard's Apprentice: you ran away from home to become a....

Farmer, Primitive, Slave, Urchin: you/your family was driven out of their rightful place and forced to live as a...

Noble: your family did something treasonous in the recent past (example: fought on the losing side of a civil war). Maybe your family's political power prevented the king from outright killing you all, or maybe you flipped sides at the end of the war, or maybe he/she issued a general pardon as part of the end of the war, but whatever the reason you aren't dead, the nobles (and commoners) from the 'loyal' faction remember your original treason and treat you like dirt. Another possibility: your family isn't noble by birth. You did something underhanded for the king (or maybe some other country's king) and were rewarded with a title, but everyone from your original community thinks of you as a sellout while the more traditional noble families think of you as a lowlife social climber.

Then for mechanics, you make this your hook. That way your dice pool explodes any time your outcastiness would give you some sort of edge.

Last edited:

kingpin000

Explorer

Disreputable Heritage. The Pariah is met with a general sense of distrust despite the fact there's no legitimate reason to feel such. They gain a +1d6 bonus to all CHA checks related to Intimidating their fellow [Race/Species].

The outcasts are just victims of a social stigma not monsters. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases