Adventurer's League PHB +2

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
I didn't see a post about it here, so I thought I'd put one up.

As one of their incentives for pledging/donating to Extra Life this go round is, if we help their guy hit $25,000 in donations, then the DDAL season starting Sept 2019 will be PHB plus TWO additional books. This is our chance to play a Genasi Storm Sorcerer, a Tabaxi Scout Rogue, or anything else that pulls from 2 supplements.

Link to the Tweet from Wizards offical D&D twitter

Satyrn

First Post
Also to be fair, the cost of PH+2 has gone down a lot since that first thread. At 25K, I'd place money on this happening.

lonelynoose

First Post
Ok, well now that's it's down to 25k, what are some reallllllly broken PCs that we can come up with? Has this happened on here already? I have a friend who I've been playing with for 3 years who is DMing his first adventure soon. I want to break him.

The most broken combo is a Variant Human Fighter with the Archery style who starts with the Crossbow Expert feat and picks up Sharpshooter as soon as possible. That build can put out crazy damage by abusing the -5/+10 feature of Sharpshooter.

No wait, that's all in the PHB....

gyor

Legend
The most broken combo is a Variant Human Fighter with the Archery style who starts with the Crossbow Expert feat and picks up Sharpshooter as soon as possible. That build can put out crazy damage by abusing the -5/+10 feature of Sharpshooter.

No wait, that's all in the PHB....

Well said.

Keravath

Explorer
Ok, well now that's it's down to 25k, what are some reallllllly broken PCs that we can come up with? Has this happened on here already? I have a friend who I've been playing with for 3 years who is DMing his first adventure soon. I want to break him.

I like the idea of a Yuan-ti Pureblood hexblade, sorcerer/hexblade, paladin/hexblade etc

All of these combinations can be made a lot more powerful when based on a charisma SAD Yuan-ti purblood with magic resistance, poison immunity, extra cantrips ... some of these are possible already but the hexblade or hexblade dip makes the build a lot more powerful.

Remove ads