D&D General After man creatures?

Cleon

Legend
I vaguely recall seeing a D&D conversion of the island-dwelling terrestrial hunting bats (whatever they were called) but it's so long ago I can't remember the details. I think it was in a magazine or something like that?

abe ray

Explorer
I vaguely recall seeing a D&D conversion of the island-dwelling terrestrial hunting bats (whatever they were called) but it's so long ago I can't remember the details. I think it was in a magazine or something like that?

They were called night terrors I believe.

Cleon

Legend
Nice. Now how about the surfbats?

I don't recall ever seeing a D&D conversion of those.

The vast majority of the creatures in After Earth seem lacking in the special qualities that make for a memorable D&D monster, namely "new and interesting ways to kill the PCs". :p

abe ray

Explorer
I don't recall ever seeing a D&D conversion of those.

The vast majority of the creatures in After Earth seem lacking in the special qualities that make for a memorable D&D monster, namely "new and interesting ways to kill the PCs". :p

Would any of them work as familiars or as paladin steeds?

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
Would any of them work as familiars or as paladin steeds?

Sure, but a lot of them could easily use the stats of existing D&D animals whose physiology they resemble - a falanx could use a riding dog of wolf's stats, a rapide a cheetah's, a gigantelope a rhinoceros or bison's, a horrane a leopard or lion's and so on. A lot of them also occupy the same ecological niches.

abe ray

Explorer
Good idea! By the way, any potential stats for the basic rabbuck and predatory rat? By basic rabbuck I meant both the hopping and non-hopping subveriaties.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases