STAR TREK: PICARD Official Trailer

Janx

Hero
Picard in TNG had been a strong moral voice for that era.

Stewart implied that he was interested because they pitched an idea that had something to say.

I would bet the rescue mission revealed some decisions/human character issues that made Picard quit. He went on trial and represented Humanity to the Q. If humans betray his faith... Resigning in protest makes sense as a Picard thing to do

Star Trek is a social justice kind of show, so I'd bet whatever happened, is going to parallel some of what we have going on now (without saying what's going on now).

That's not really a logical paradox - that's merely the typical memory-discontinuity found in anyone involved with time travel. It is not so much a paradox as a trope.

I'm talking about outright Grandfather Paradox stuff, where the actions taken during time travel make the action of time travel outright impossible.
No, it is definitely different. No one but the poet traveled through time. Only Sisko and Akorem Laan entered the wormhole to talk with the prophets. The trope would require everyone not time traveling themselves to forgot the old timeline. The episode is Accession.

Stewart implied that he was interested because they pitched an idea that had something to say.

I would bet the rescue mission revealed some decisions/human character issues that made Picard quit. He went on trial and represented Humanity to the Q. If humans betray his faith... Resigning in protest makes sense as a Picard thing to do

Star Trek is a social justice kind of show, so I'd bet whatever happened, is going to parallel some of what we have going on now (without saying what's going on now).

It would be absolutely wonderful and well worth it to see John De Lancie show up as Q. He was always one of my favorite "villains" in TNG.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter as well.

It would be absolutely wonderful and well worth it to see John De Lancie show up as Q. He was always one of my favorite "villains" in TNG.

I know they haven't announced any cameos, but it would make sense to push any reveals along those lines to much closer to the show's premiere. It's hard to imagine no one from the series or movies making an appearance of some kind over the course of 10 episodes. After that, if the series continues, it seems even more likely.

Wikipedia lists this (with their source here):

Last edited:

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
The Data thing is pretty vague, but there are a lot of options.

It could just be older Data who has implemented an aging subroutine, or living tissue grafts that age.

Or, if it's a short scene, they could maybe afford some de-age-ing CGI work.

Or Spiner could play a Soong relative.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I would bet the rescue mission revealed some decisions/human character issues that made Picard quit. He went on trial and represented Humanity to the Q. If humans betray his faith... Resigning in protest makes sense as a Picard thing to do.

Very. I imagine, for example, Picard would react *very* poorly to Section 31 raising its head during or after the rescue. The idea that his Federation used such a thing as its support... he wouldn't take that well at all.

If he was rescuing Romulans, and then the Federation put them in internment camps or otherwise treated them badly. That would get a resignation in protest as well. I mean, today, making a statement about how refugees are viewed and treated? That would be totally Trek.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases