D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 exalted arcanist prestige class from boed

Oldplayer

First Post
Had a question, the EA class feature gives you access to a list of spells, Specific to the EA. If you enter this class as a sorcerer7, It will give you access to spells immediately up to 3rd level if you go to 2nd level EA , you gain access to 5th all spells but you're only 8th level so you can't cast them?

Am I getting it wrong? Because at 5th level EA I will be 11th level over all with access to 9th level spells... soooo something is wrong here.

Thoughts?

Richards

Legend
It looks like the class feature is only granting those specific spells as available to the PC - that is, the PC doesn't automatically learn them but they are now available for them to learn. If they have "access" to a spell of a higher level than they can cast, then that's just a deferred benefit, something they can take advantage of later on, just not right now.

However, bear in mind that if a spell - even a spell of a level you can't cast right now - is on the list of spells available to you, you can take advantage of scrolls, wands, rods, etc. that might use that spell. It's not much, but it's something.

But yeah, that's kind of weird. I wonder of it was intentional or an oversight? (Then again, if you enter the prestige class at a later point in your progression - say as a 15th-level sorcerer instead of a 7th-level sorcerer - this problem kind of goes away. Maybe that was the intention?)

Johnathan

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases