Steam and Steel - A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks - extra teaser posted 4/27/04

TheAuldGrump

First Post
And the important question: Will there be a Steam & Steel II? (I'd buy it...)

The Auld Grump revamping some World Works terrain with steam fiitings copied from a web site...

Carnifex

First Post
Re the errors: I'm very sorry that these ended up in the final version, and once Hellhound gets back from vacation I will definitely recommend to him that the product be re-released with the appropriate revisions (and those who have already purchased it would, I assume, get a copy of the revised version rather than having to buy it again, don't worry). I have no idea about the POD copies, I'm afraid, as I have no information about them other than they will be made.

I knew there would be spelling & grammar errors despite doing my best to avoid them. I'm a little surprised they weren't edited out by the ENPub people, to be honest, but I hope that these minor errors don't diminish the value and usefulness of the product to you guys.

A 'Steam & Steel II'? If they'll let me write it... ;) Seriously, I'd love to do a Steam & Steel II at some point, but who knows what the future holds? :) 'sides, I need to get the Biothaumaturgist's Handbook done yet :p The other idea I've been playing about with include a city-setting book using some of the Steam & Steel rules, but again, that would be something for the significant future if anyone even was willing to publish it :)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Carnifex said:
Re the errors: I'm very sorry that these ended up in the final version, and once Hellhound gets back from vacation I will definitely recommend to him that the product be re-released with the appropriate revisions (and those who have already purchased it would, I assume, get a copy of the revised version rather than having to buy it again, don't worry). I have no idea about the POD copies, I'm afraid, as I have no information about them other than they will be made.

I knew there would be spelling & grammar errors despite doing my best to avoid them. I'm a little surprised they weren't edited out by the ENPub people, to be honest, but I hope that these minor errors don't diminish the value and usefulness of the product to you guys.

A 'Steam & Steel II'? If they'll let me write it... ;) Seriously, I'd love to do a Steam & Steel II at some point, but who knows what the future holds? :) 'sides, I need to get the Biothaumaturgist's Handbook done yet :p The other idea I've been playing about with include a city-setting book using some of the Steam & Steel rules, but again, that would be something for the significant future if anyone even was willing to publish it :)

Whooo, a Steam & Steel city setting... Sounds good to me! I have been running an Iron Kingdoms game for a few years, and have a couple of industril cities that I have used. Another one would e fine indeed.

And if Steam & Steel continues to sell as well as its position at RPGNow indicates, maybe the demand for both this and Steam & Steel II will justify the work.

The Auld Grump, back to waiting for Iron Kingdom's Character Guide and The Maiden of the High Seas...

Carnifex

First Post
And Steam & Steel is now at position 82 on RPGnow's D20 top sellers of all time category! Hopefully we'll be able to edge up onto the all categories version as well :)

Carnifex

First Post
Well, Steam & Steel has now edged up onto the all categories top 100 sellers list, into place no. 100! This under a month since its release... :) Hopefully we'll see it creeping further and further up the list over the coming weeks :)

:D

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Carnifex said:
Well, Steam & Steel has now edged up onto the all categories top 100 sellers list, into place no. 100! This under a month since its release... :) Hopefully we'll see it creeping further and further up the list over the coming weeks :)

:D

ps- please contact hound re. revisions... we'd like to bring some print copies to gencon, but would prefer to do so with the corrected version.

Carnifex

First Post
Dextra said:
ps- please contact hound re. revisions... we'd like to bring some print copies to gencon, but would prefer to do so with the corrected version.

I've fired off an email to him, am waiting for a reply.

Remove ads