• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ZEITGEIST Status of 5e Zeitgeist

Noodle

Explorer
I just checked my email archive. We started in October 2011. We only meet once a month, and took breaks in between each adventure to play other games (5e playtest, SW:EoE, ...) so we're just up to Schism. I guess at this rate, we'll be going well into the 2020s.. :p

I jinxed it! At this month's session (where we finished Schism), our party leader announced that he's leaving for another campaign.
So our post-Schism break may be indefinite. :(

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I jinxed it! At this month's session (where we finished Schism), our party leader announced that he's leaving for another campaign.
So our post-Schism break may be indefinite. :(

Aw. That sucks. We just got some good news: thought we were going to have to pause the campaign to play Invisible Sun (cos we bought into the Directed Campaign which has a 'start date' deadline of July 2019), but thanks to the reprint Kickstarter, we don't need to start IS until mid 2020 - plenty of time to finish Zeitgeist!

Still - your predicament reminds me how vulnerable all our games are to outside events. Reality bites! (And fingers and toes crossed...)

My Pathfinder game is going to meet a total of three times between Halloween and New Years. Luckily I managed to get a good satisfying stopping point full of good feelings. But I was hoping to work in an "It's a Wonderful Life" game for a depressed ex-paladin. Ah well.

dekarguy

Explorer
I started my group on the Bonds of Forced Faith one-shot on 2/2/18 and we are currently halfway through Adventure 3 Part 2. Our first Adventure 1 session was a couple days before Adventure 2 part 3 dropped.

There is a lot of runway for everything to be converted by the time we get to it. We meet every 2 weeks, but have had a couple months with only 1 session. Adventure 1 went quick 1 session per part except for the last one and I was worried we might catch up, but Adventure 2 took quite a while (and the players loved it, we had almost a whole session at the Thinking Man's Tavern with them wanting to meet people, investigate, drink and be merry). Adventure 3 is going at a good pace now that they have picked up the hook.

I think we'll do the full Crypta Heraticarum the first time around instead of saving it for the later adventures, there is a Vekeshi Mystic (Warlock/Sorcerer/Hexblade) in the party and a really cool magic item for them in there :)

Remove ads