How Much Damage does a supplex do in D&D?

Zardnaar

Legend
A proper suplex incapacitates the target and conjures a disembodied voice that says, "Bah gawd, he broke him in half!"

No that is when you take a 20' bump off the top of a cage through a table.

1:47
[video=youtube;9hMp65SzyTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMp65SzyTU[/video]

Eubani

Legend
It is an unarmed melee attack just with a fancy description, thus for non monk characters it does 1 + Str mod Bludgeoning damage.

psychophipps

Explorer
It is an unarmed melee attack just with a fancy description, thus for non monk characters it does 1 + Str mod Bludgeoning damage.

But what about that falling damage, bro? If they do it right (good to-hit die roll) there will typically be a combined height with both participants of at least 10 feet.

Set up with the Rogue right and you can get 1d6 + double STR + weapon + sneak attack and the enemy is prone for the rest of the party to get advantage wailing on it until it uses its move to get back up. Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

#thatswhattherockwascooking

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Does that mean if I describe an existing sword technique that I should do more than weapon dice + str/dex damage.

tbf - yeah, if you describe something clearly atypical and make it sound awesome, I'd have you do more damage and possibly other stuff.

For example when the Barbarian said he was going to leap off the roof of the entry down and flying stab the zombies I suggested if successful he'd have an extra d6 damage due to the height. He had a poor Athletics roll so he kind of stabbed them and fell prone instead

Remove ads