How Much Damage does a supplex do in D&D?

Eubani

Legend
tbf - yeah, if you describe something clearly atypical and make it sound awesome, I'd have you do more damage and possibly other stuff.

For example when the Barbarian said he was going to leap off the roof of the entry down and flying stab the zombies I suggested if successful he'd have an extra d6 damage due to the height. He had a poor Athletics roll so he kind of stabbed them and fell prone instead

I am not talking about leaping off stuff, I am talking about proper weapon techniques like half swording and the gazillion of differing duelling techniques.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I am not talking about leaping off stuff, I am talking about proper weapon techniques like half swording and the gazillion of differing duelling techniques.

oh, i thought you were talking about granting bonus damage for a suplex, which is clearly atypical and involves a grapple that lifts the opponent over your own body and then slams to the ground with the force of both bodies.

Eubani

Legend
oh, i thought you were talking about granting bonus damage for a suplex, which is clearly atypical and involves a grapple that lifts the opponent over your own body and then slams to the ground with the force of both bodies.

If you want to do extra damage with unarmed attacks take a Monk. Unarmed attacks no matter how fancy the description (and ill suited to actual combat) do 1 + Str bludgeoning damage. Now many would complain that is little damage for such a "devastating" attack but when compared to the HP of a regular human (Commoner 4hp) it is devastating. Considering the reality of modern wrestling I would also suggest the attack roll should be made using a Perform (Charisma) check.

Bigsta

Explorer
Magic item I made for our group's lucha:

Lucha Gloves of Infernus

Wondrous Item, rare (requires attunement by a grappler who follows the path of the lucha (rudo or technico)

When an opponent is grappled, the wearer may use a bonus action to set an adjacent table or similar structure on fire.

As a standard action, the wearer my slam the opponent through the table. The opponents takes 1d10 bludgeoning damage and 2d10 non-magical fire damage.

The slam breaks the grapple and leaves the opponent prone.

If your DM describing the action is Gordon Solie it is pronounced "su-play" not suplex.

For years I thought he said "soufflé." It never made any sense to me, but GS made it sound right (and I thought there might have been a wrestler with a chef gimmick that invented it--by pro wrestling standards, that wouldn't actually be that weird).

You learn new things every day!

Remove ads