Take Your First Look At The Upcoming ALTERNITY RPG!

Later this year, Sasquatch Game Studios will be releasing the new version of the 1990s Alternity science fiction roleplaying game. It features a brand new system, and is designed by industry veterans Dave Noonan, Richard Baker, and Bill Slavicsek. The creators have kindly sent along a sneak preview of the upcoming game, which I'm excited to share with you right here. Next week, there will be a 50(ish) page free demo/playtest packet you can download, with a short adventure by Dave Noonan, another by Rich Baker, and a brief rules overview. For now, though, take a look at the preview below!

Later this year, Sasquatch Game Studios will be releasing the new version of the 1990s Alternity science fiction roleplaying game. It features a brand new system, and is designed by industry veterans Dave Noonan, Richard Baker, and Bill Slavicsek. The creators have kindly sent along a sneak preview of the upcoming game, which I'm excited to share with you right here. Next week, there will be a 50(ish) page free demo/playtest packet you can download, with a short adventure by Dave Noonan, another by Rich Baker, and a brief rules overview. For now, though, take a look at the preview below!

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.21.47.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.22.00.png

SaveSave

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
OK, everyone, Alternity is funded and we are on the last week stretch.
Jump over and back it so we can get the Xenonolgy Guide and possibly some more adventures!

Giorgicus

Explorer
Now that the KS is finished, I would like to see SGS keep an option open for additional backing threw their website and provide other incentives to see if more people can contribute to the games development, the Setting 2 Equipment Supplement was less that $1000 from being funded. :)

Giorgicus

Explorer
KS Update #18

Love the second setting options, it was easy for me to find one from each sub-genre I like (in order of preference):
-American Warlords
-Mega City
-Ocean of Stars

The voting has started, let the best option win! :)

Giorgicus

Explorer
KS Update #22

To quote update #22:"So, start thinking about what sort of scenario you’d like to run for your play test and line up some players for your game! ", I was thinking about creating a one shot adventure where the players have to investigate a mining facility that went "off the grid", end up on a "haunted space ship" and end up having to "rescue civilians in harms way"; something that hits at least three classic Sci-Fi tropes. :)

Valdier

Explorer
It's a shame they stuck with the messy and convoluted skill system trying to emulate the original version. 20 - (Skill + stat) = Success +5, +10 for various levels.

They should have made it Target number 20/25/30, and you roll a D20 and add your bonus... it's much cleaner and much easier to look at on the sheet.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads