D&D 5E 5E Sunless Citadel - CG

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Looks inviting," the good doctor says looking from the key to the statue. "But wouldn't it be prudent to search for traps or hidden compartments first?"

OOC: Perception [roll0]

DeJoker

First Post
OOC: Sorry all -- got hit with the flu I think yesterday - was all chilled in a warm room and knocked out tired -- woke up late today aching all over -- basically a sign I had been fighting something yesterday will do my best (no guarantees still recovering) to get something posted later today. Hope you all are feeling good and I should be back fully on my feet either today or tomorrow -- the after math generally only lasts about a day or two at the most.

Last edited:

DeJoker

First Post
Zath'ras wondered what secrets lay beyond this dragon door, perhaps he would find much of what his mentor had sent him here to discover.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The key is hot, and Kuhl does not want to burn himself. By taking a spare shirt and wrapping it around his hand, he thinks he can protect himself from burns. He tries this, and then tries to grab the key. If he can do so he looks at his companions, and says, "It seems unlikely no obold was ever curious enough to investigate this. I am suspicious of this lock, but we are here to investigate."

He takes a deep breath, and inserts the key and his fist into the maw of the carved creature on the door, in order to access the lock. He is tense -- images of childhood stories whereby magic locks come to life and show that they are hungry dance through his head. He's always liked his hand.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
As the door opens, a hissing noise and a puff of dust
around the door indicate that the chamber beyond has
been sealed for ages . Dust, long undisturbed, covers every
surface in this large gallery. The air here is stale.
Three alcoves are on the north wall, and one is on the
south wall. Each alcove contains a dust-covered stone
pedestal with a fist-sized crystalline globe resting on it.
The globes in the northern alcoves are cracked and dark,
but the globe in the southern alcove glows with a soft
blue light. Faint tinkling notes issue from it.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"This looks dangerous. Zath'ras if your feeling well enough do you want to take a look?" Davonshaw asks of his companion.

OOC: Get well soon DeJoker.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6907519]DeJoker[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION]

Just a general bump.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl releases the key, leaving it in the lock as they enter the room. He places his bag at the opening of the door, hoping it would block it if somehow an unseen mechanism were to snap it shut. He approaches the single glowing orb, and speaks over his shoulder to anyone who happens to be behind him.

He describes what he sees, as best he can. "Do you think it's safe to take?" he asks.

OOC: If anyone wants to take advantage on an investigation check, Kuhl is Helping.

Remove ads