CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
Looking around... my bad, though. It's art for "Avengers Alliance Tactics" (the X-COM-style spin-off that lasted... well... pretty short, all things considered).

Hopefully this helps with Alliance 2.

http://avengersalliance2.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel:_Avengers_Alliance_2_Wikia

The biggest problem with Alliance 2 is that it lasted... what, two months, I think? Certainly felt like that to me.

Yeah, it didn't last long.. I was quite annoyed with that. And Alliance 1 had several Spec Ops that were lined up before it got canned.

kronos182

Adventurer
Since we were just talking about the Mushroom Kingdom... some Mario Bro Universe based items...

Mario Bros Power Ups
Power Up Mushrooms
These red mushrooms with three to five white spots heal a person, upon consumption, 2d4 hit points and removes any minor conditions such as Daze, Dizzy, Weakened or Stunned. For Fictions that have two normal sizes (such as those from the Mario Bro series), allows them to go from their small size to their normal size. Unfortunately these mushrooms can be difficult to find in many areas, and sometimes show up randomly anywhere there is any form of vegetation (5% chance to find one growing anywhere). Once picked, as long as in a container are good for up to 6 months. If dried and preserved, can be usable for up to 2 years, however are only half as effective (heal only 1d4 hit points).
Weight: 1 oz
PDC: 15 for 4 mushrooms.

Super Mushroom
These red mushrooms with three large white spots and what appears to be eyes on the stem. These mushrooms allow the eater to increase in size to the next size up. For non-Fictions and most Fictions they increase in size, gaining all the benefits and penalties for increasing in size, and heal 1d8+2 hit points. This size increase lasts for 1d4+2 rounds, then the eater reverts to their original size, and are fatigued (can't run, -2 to Strength and Dexterity). Fictions from the Mario Bros. Universe can remain enlarged for 2d4+2 rounds and don't suffer from fatigue.
These mushrooms are even more rarer than the Power Up mushrooms (1% chance of being found anywhere vegetation is growing). Once picked, these mushrooms are good for 4 months if kept in a container. If dried and preserved, the mushroom is good for 14 months, but only heal 1d4 hit points, and the time for size increase is only 1d4 rounds for non Mario Bros fictions, and only 1d4+1 rounds for Mario Bro Fictions.
Weight: 2 oz
PDC: 18 for 4 mushrooms.

POW Block
These 'blocks', typically metallic blue or red, measuring about 1.5 ft by 1.5 ft by 1.5 ft, weighing about 5 lbs with POW written on two sides, when thrown on the ground create a localized earthquake, knocking all, other than the thrower, to be knocked down and suffer damage. If struck while in the air, they create a shockwave that can cause anything in the air to go out of control and possibly crash. A POW block can be thrown with a range increment of 10 feet out to 5 range increments.
When thrown on the ground, creatures within 30 feet of the POW block's point of impact must make a Reflex save DC 15 or fall prone. Vehicles must make a Drive check DC 16 or loose control. Any structures within the radius will take 8d6 points of damage, by passing hardness.
When struck in the air, creates a shockwave with a 60 foot radius, dealing 4d6 bludgeoning damage, and flying creatures need to make a Reflex save DC 16 or are stunned for the round, falling to the ground. Aircraft make a Pilot check DC 17 or loose control.
Weight: 5 lbs
PDC: 23
Res: Restricted (+2)

Mushroom Gold Coins
These gold coins are used as the main currency in the Mushroom Kingdom, but are larger than normal coins, measuring about 4 inches in diameter. Besides acting as currency in the Mushroom Kingdom, they also have the ability to help extend the powers of many Mario Bro Fiction items. When used in this way, the user, can 'spend' any coins they have on them, as a free action, to extend the duration of Mario Bro Fiction item by 1 round. Some items require more than one coin to increase their duration or enhance powers. A maximum of 5 coins can be spent in this manner as a free action per round. Mario Bro Fictions, upon defeat will have a number of coins on them.
Weight: 10 coins comes to 1 lb.
PDC: 10 for 20 coins outside the Mushroom Kingdom

Bee Mushroom
This yellow mushroom with brown stripes on the cap, upon consumption, grants the user the Bee Suit. Wild bee mushrooms are rare, and usually found in areas with large amounts of flowers (2% chance of finding). When picked, the mushroom is good for 4 months, preserving a Bee mushroom causes it to loose its powers. But are still tasty to eat.
Weight: 8 oz
PDC: 16

Bee Suit
This suit is a yellow and black striped set of coveralls with a brown helmet with yellow antennae sticking out from the front, and a set of bee wings attached to the back, and a short non-functional stinger just below the waist. The suit allows the wearer to fly at 40 ft good maneuverability, and able to climb most surfaces, gaining +10 to Climb checks, and doesn't require Climb checks while fighting, with a Climb speed of 20 ft. The bee suit lasts as long as the user wears it for a maximum of 8 hours, or unless the user touches more than a gallon of water (canteens or similar containers don't count, but large puddles, rain, swimming pools, etc count), then the suit disappears in a puff of smoke. While worn the user can fly for a total of 10 rounds before requiring a rest period, recharging 1 round of flight per 1 round of walking, or even clinging to walls. The 'spending' of a Mushroom Gold Coin can extend or recharge 2 rounds of flight. The user, while in flight can only carry 50 lbs of gear, but while climbing can carry 100 lbs of gear.
Weight: 6 lbs.
PDC: Requires Bee Mushroom (PDC 16).

kronos182

Adventurer
How about the Brood or Changelings as Zerg targets?

I don't think the Brood would add to much to the Zerg.. only major difference is Brood have really 4 subspecies, but all have skeletons as well as exoskeletons.. so Zerg could incorporate that into some of their breeds for some added durability/strength.. maybe the stinger.. otherwise, isn't much they could add.
Changelings.. as in Star Trek shapeshifting changlings? or changling from another fiction? If ST.. that'll be difficult, as they revert to a liquid after 16 to 20 hours (some can push it to 20 or a bit more, but not good idea).. I'll read up on ST changlings and see about the potential, and I've got a few ideas of how they can be used (limited).

Not sure if I mentioned, but I have a few ideas of some Pokemon being assimilated by the Zerg, I'm going to purposely limit just how much they can do, since I have Pokemon having supernatural and even magical powers, while zerg don't have any such power.

No, I meant as in the "My Little Pony" Changelings, who shape shift and feed on love (OK, in that universe it's magic, but I guess Zerg can adapt it to psionic energy).

kronos182

Adventurer
No, I meant as in the "My Little Pony" Changelings, who shape shift and feed on love (OK, in that universe it's magic, but I guess Zerg can adapt it to psionic energy).

Ahhh.. THOSE Changlings.. so shapeshifting and energy (magical and psionic, possibly even just bio (electric) energy to feed and boost their own powers.. hmm.. *strokes chin*

Lord Zack

Explorer
I suppose I could put those on the list. However, are those abilities even something the Zerg could assimilate? Are they genetics based, or based on something else.

kronos182

Adventurer
The changeling shapeshifting I think is magical, I'll look it up later. But the magic/love/energy siphon is biological, so that part is possible for them to assimilate. Most likely for higher subspecies like the brood mothers/queens and the like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases