The N.O.W. Discussion Thread

docdoom77

First Post
Absolutely! Probably the last thing to be written, but they'll be in there.

Martial arts and chi/ki sounds reasonable. Different martial arts would probably work really well as careers/traditions (whatever we call them in this). Superpowers might be a bit overmuch (although low level superpowers are probably OK -- the aforementioned Buffy, or Cap, but not Superman.

Agreed. Full blown supers would probably need it's own book! Sounds like you guys have some good ideas. I need to check how close we are to the goal. ;)

Sniperfox47

First Post
Martial arts and chi/ki sounds reasonable. Different martial arts would probably work really well as careers/traditions (whatever we call them in this). Superpowers might be a bit overmuch (although low level superpowers are probably OK -- the aforementioned Buffy, or Cap, but not Superman.

Yeah. I would never expect anyone to become neo. But small abilities at the cost of some regular strength would be cool. I think there'd even be room for some nonphysical powers too, like "breath" weapon spiderweb cones or ability to shoot eye lasers. You'd essentially be trading some of your normal fighting prowess for these abilities the same way a mage trades it for magic.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?

We're hashing out the equivalent to MAG/PSI and we've got a few ideas in the air. There's one I really like but in the interests of a sane development process, I'll hold back on expounding it here.

Let's just say for N.O.W. that it'll be action packed in both theme and mechanics. ;)

docdoom77

First Post
If we don't meet the N.O.W. goal (it's pretty far away right now, with little time left), is there a chance, once the brand is settled, of it getting it's own kickstarter?

I'd hate to see all the good ideas go to waste.

dekrass

Explorer
If we don't meet the N.O.W. goal (it's pretty far away right now, with little time left), is there a chance, once the brand is settled, of it getting it's own kickstarter?

I'd hate to see all the good ideas go to waste.

If N.O.W. gets a separate KS later I would pitch in, but I'm still holding out hope for the stretch goal.

docdoom77

First Post
If N.O.W. gets a separate KS later I would pitch in, but I'm still holding out hope for the stretch goal.

Upon reflection, I don't want an answer. Let's not taint the last week, by saying we might get the stretch goal anyway. That's just silly. I'll ask again if we don't meet the goal. Here's hoping we do and the point is moot!:cool:

Remove ads