D&D 5E [5E] Frog God Games KS of Tome of Horroes

gyor

Legend
I've backed Borderlands Provinces (both hardcovers), the Blight (HC and all pdfs), and Quests of Doom 3 (HC). I own hardcovers of Bards Gate 5e, Quests of Doom vols. 1 + 2 (5e), Quests of Doom 2 (5e), The Northlands Saga (PF), Sword of Air (PF), Cults of the Sundered Kingdoms (PF), Stoneheart Valley (PF), The Lost City of Barakus (PF), Slumbering Tsar (PF), and Razor Coast (PF). I can take a picture of them all on my shelf if it helps prove that I'm a fan.

I say this as a fan who has spents hundreds of dollars on their products. I will not purchase another FGG product or back another of their Kickstarters until I am made aware of proper resolution toward Bill Webb's behavior. At the very least, I would like to be made aware that Mr. Webb has attended some form of harassment training from someone not connected to FGG as well as some form of treatment for his drinking. I went into more detail in the thread following ENworld's original reporting on this issue and I sent that message on toward Matt Finch as well.

I want to support FGG. I want to back Tome of Horrors (and Rappan Athuk), but I cannot support a company that allows such behavior without appropriate consequences. I am not asking for Mr. Webb to lose his job or position. I am not asking for FGG to have to close their doors. I am merely asking for FGG to take actionable steps towards preventing the type of harassment that happened from happening again.

Tome of Horrors indeed. The current Witch Hunt FAD is getting old.

CatholicFan

First Post
The project is funded and at $21,000 so far. The first update is live.

Kickstarter link to update.

Some quick highlights:
- A more detailed explanation of the monsters included: selections from previous Tomes of Horrors, updated with new art and 5e stats; 15%-20% new monsters; 10% from Fifth Edition Foes that's been given a "makeover" and will play differently.
- A preview list of monsters Dropbox link to list of monsters
- Previews of some of the art for the monsters.

Matthan

Explorer
Tome of Horrors indeed. The current Witch Hunt FAD is getting old.

Not a witch hunt. It's a response to corroborated facts. Mr. Webb had been drinking (a fact that FGG seemed to be aware was likely given their use of his tendency to get drunk at conventions as a punchline to Facebook post). Mr. Webb had an altercation with a fellow professional that she believed crossed the line into harassment. To my knowledge, no one on either side would dispute those two statements.

Mr. Webb's professional consequence was to be given a talking to by his friend, colleague, and business partner. I do not believe that is an adequate response to show concern for your business and community and to prevent the possible recurrence of something similar. All I want to see is Mr. Webb attend some kind of training on sexual harassment held by an independent party and to attend a similar plan to discuss his drinking. That is the equivalent of going to traffic school to get out of traffic ticket. I do not believe that is to much to ask and it addresses both factors of the incident.

I do want to push back against the witch hunt label. I'm not actively looking for people to protest against. I'm not acting on rumors or innuendo. I am responding to one person who acted in a wildly inappropriate and unprofessional manner that both sides agreed happened. The fact that this situation occurred within the context of other people facing similar accusations does not detract from the reality of this incident. I am using the only means at my disposal to ask for a proper preventative response to this situation by keeping my money and voicing my displeasure at the situation while offering concrete steps that the company could take to resolve the issue.

MackMcMacky

First Post
I doubt a handful of internet posters are going to produce the social "reform" that leads to those individuals getting to know all the details, outcomes, etc. of every workplace incident.

I have only backed one Kickstarter. This won't be the second one but I am tempted to find some FGG products to purchase because, just as the world would be better off with fewer drunken men behaving badly, the world would be better off with fewer Torquemadas and Savonarolas. Sometimes, fans of "justice" turn into tyrants.

Matthan

Explorer
I doubt a handful of internet posters are going to produce the social "reform" that leads to those individuals getting to know all the details, outcomes, etc. of every workplace incident.

I have only backed one Kickstarter. This won't be the second one but I am tempted to find some FGG products to purchase because, just as the world would be better off with fewer drunken men behaving badly, the world would be better off with fewer Torquemadas and Savonarolas. Sometimes, fans of "justice" turn into tyrants.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not asking for "reform". I am not asking to know all the details, outcomes, etc... of every workplace incident. I am asking for the one incident of which I am aware to be handled with greater care than a talking to behind closed doors from a close friend.

This is not a "witch hunt" or an "inquisition" since Mr. Webb has admitted that he was wrong.

I do not wish to engage in name calling, but I would like to ask that you not refer to those who are not satisfied with a verbal slap on the wrist by a friend as tyrants in the same vein as Torquemada.

Again, the request is not unreasonable. I'm not asking for Mr. Webb to step down from his position. I'm not asking for FGG to somehow oust him from his company. I'm not even asking for them to pause their production plans. I'm asking for him to attend some kind of training to prevent the situation from recurring. That type of response, in my experience, is exactly what responsible companies do in these situations. If the CEO of a company got drunk and harassed someone at a work related event, then I would expect the company to hold him to some kind of standard so that his behavior does not continue or impact the company. FGG has not done that. The only recourse I have is to do what I can to impact the company to spur an appropriate response.

I am under no delusion that I will be successful. Their kickstarters are funding fine without me. However, the likelihood of failing doesn't change what I see as my responsibility here. I understand that folks will disagree with how I view the situation, but I see something wrong here and if I ignore it, then I'm approving it by my silence. I will continue to politely and firmly request a better response from FGG.

If I am out of line by the rules of the forum, then I would ask that a mod let me know and I will stop responding. Until that point, I will keep bringing this matter up until its resolved.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not asking for "reform". I am not asking to know all the details, outcomes, etc... of every workplace incident. I am asking for the one incident of which I am aware to be handled with greater care than a talking to behind closed doors from a close friend.

This is not a "witch hunt" or an "inquisition" since Mr. Webb has admitted that he was wrong.

I do not wish to engage in name calling, but I would like to ask that you not refer to those who are not satisfied with a verbal slap on the wrist by a friend as tyrants in the same vein as Torquemada.

Again, the request is not unreasonable. I'm not asking for Mr. Webb to step down from his position. I'm not asking for FGG to somehow oust him from his company. I'm not even asking for them to pause their production plans. I'm asking for him to attend some kind of training to prevent the situation from recurring. That type of response, in my experience, is exactly what responsible companies do in these situations. If the CEO of a company got drunk and harassed someone at a work related event, then I would expect the company to hold him to some kind of standard so that his behavior does not continue or impact the company. FGG has not done that. The only recourse I have is to do what I can to impact the company to spur an appropriate response.

I am under no delusion that I will be successful. Their kickstarters are funding fine without me. However, the likelihood of failing doesn't change what I see as my responsibility here. I understand that folks will disagree with how I view the situation, but I see something wrong here and if I ignore it, then I'm approving it by my silence. I will continue to politely and firmly request a better response from FGG.

If I am out of line by the rules of the forum, then I would ask that a mod let me know and I will stop responding. Until that point, I will keep bringing this matter up until its resolved.

This had a whole thread which ran its course and was CLOSED. Stop hijacking this thread because you are first off violating the directions given by the owner of this website, and secondly you are making it impossible to discuss products being produced by this company and through such limiting this hobbies ability to grow through the release of new products.

At some point this constant thread hijacking is going to be called what it is harassment.

If you have a comment about this product then please post away, if all you are going to do is use every topic that is about Frog to attack the company then go elsewhere please.

Hussar

Legend
This had a whole thread which ran its course and was CLOSED. Stop hijacking this thread because you are first off violating the directions given by the owner of this website, and secondly you are making it impossible to discuss products being produced by this company and through such limiting this hobbies ability to grow through the release of new products.

At some point this constant thread hijacking is going to be called what it is harassment.

If you have a comment about this product then please post away, if all you are going to do is use every topic that is about Frog to attack the company then go elsewhere please.

Umm, where exactly should this be discussed? What is an "appropriate" venue? One where you don't have to see it? One where you can simply ignore it? If you don't like what he's (or she's) saying, block them. Easy peasy.

I have to admit, my first thought when I saw the announcement was pretty much in the same vein. Condemnation by the community is the only way that action will ever be taken. Otherwise, we get decades of harassment swept under the carpet because there is never an "appropriate" venue to talk about these things.

Shouldn't the behavior of the owner of a company impact buying decisions?

Umm, where exactly should this be discussed? What is an "appropriate" venue? One where you don't have to see it? One where you can simply ignore it? If you don't like what he's (or she's) saying, block them. Easy peasy.

I have to admit, my first thought when I saw the announcement was pretty much in the same vein. Condemnation by the community is the only way that action will ever be taken. Otherwise, we get decades of harassment swept under the carpet because there is never an "appropriate" venue to talk about these things.

Shouldn't the behavior of the owner of a company impact buying decisions?

Where?

Nowhere on this forum. It had a thread, that thread went a very long and was eventually closed. That thread was closed not that long ago. Bringing up a topic that was the basis for a closed thread is very likely directly against the rules of this forum. Otherwise what would be the point in closing a thread if someone can just create a new one or hijack another?

You want to impact buying decisions then show some brass ones and post up a comment on on Amazon if the product gets sold there.

Until then everyone here should follow the directions of Morrus when he closed the last thread on this topic and consider the topic to be closed until he says otherwise.

As for an on topic question does anyone know if the book will have a theme or will they just chose the most popular "best of" from the various other older books that were mentioned?

CatholicFan

First Post
As for an on topic question does anyone know if the book will have a theme or will they just chose the most popular "best of" from the various other older books that were mentioned?

They're not themed, unless you count "deadly" as a theme. :D

The idea is going to be that this is the first in a series of books, which they're hoping to produce about once a year. This current Kickstarter is something of a "best of", with probably (according to their %'s) three-quarters of the monsters in this volume coming from the previous Tomes and other FGG products and updated to 5e, then a bit of totally new monsters, and some retooled from Fifth Edition Foes. I also believe they're specifically targeting Rappan Athuk monsters, given that it has its own 5e KS early next year.

Remove ads