Season 8 Changes (Adventurers League)

gyor

Legend
It's a mix of current and prequel I believe, in other words while Drizzt and his father met again in the current times, there are flash backs to his father's time with Jarelax (sorry if I misspelled his name, it's been a long hard, day).

Having read the novel it's not a prequel, it has a chapters that focus on the past and chapters that focus on present (sort of events), it's almost like two linked, but separate books in one.

Oofta

Legend
I love the new abstract points, this makes bookkeeping and calculations much easier.

But they really have to revise the Gold Rules or at least let you use Treasure Points more effectifly to buy Plate Armor*, come up for Material costs and scribe Scrolls.

* Plate Armor for me is the worst offender. Heavy Armor is just 1 AC higher than light or medium Armor and has many disadvantages (cannot sleep in it, takes forever to don, Stealth Disadvantage,..). But now you even need 10+ Level to afford a non-magical Version!

One iteration of the rules said that you could buy non-magical armor with treasure points. Is that gone now? Because I can no longer find it.

Which ... yeah. So I can get 50 GP per treasure point which means I would have to "spend" 50 treasure points to get mundane plate armor? Please tell me I'm missing something.

Oh well, just another nail in the coffin for non-dex based PCs. Guess my next fighter will be dex based or stuck in chain until he can afford magic armor.

Overall I like the rules, but this is just dumb. All they had to do was say you couldn't sell any equipment for GP, that it could only be sold for 1/2 the TP used to purchase it.

gyor

Legend
One iteration of the rules said that you could buy non-magical armor with treasure points. Is that gone now? Because I can no longer find it.

Which ... yeah. So I can get 50 GP per treasure point which means I would have to "spend" 50 treasure points to get mundane plate armor? Please tell me I'm missing something.

Oh well, just another nail in the coffin for non-dex based PCs. Guess my next fighter will be dex based or stuck in chain until he can afford magic armor.

Overall I like the rules, but this is just dumb. All they had to do was say you couldn't sell any equipment for GP, that it could only be sold for 1/2 the TP used to purchase it.

Yes that is gone now, it was accudental hold over.

Remove ads