Two Fisted Swordmage Build?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The swordmage seems geared for either 1 handed weapon or big bad one... or am I missing something.

i like Swordmage abilities that really incorporate their weapons in to the flavor of the power.... you throw your weapon and it hits the rock wall beside your enemy or shatters into splinters on an enemies weapon... the steal shards buzz around the enemy, for as long as you use a minor action to keep it there then reforms in your hand (two fisted swordmage build might be handy)

I thought there was a Swordmage power somewhat like this but I cannot find it.
maybe not with the maintain:minor.

MwaO

Adventurer
Swordmages are weird. They're designed to have a 19 AC with 1-hand & 18 Int, 17 AC with 2.

But...there are now a lot of options for holding something in the other hand which grants an AC or other bonuses. As an example, if you can pick up Staff as a proficiency, you can carry a +1 Staff of Aversion - meaning any target you've marked(or otherwise have put some sort of effect on) gives you a +2 item bonus to all defenses. If you have an Arcane Hand Familiar, you can swap out all kinds of items. Etc...

The Swordmage problem is only eclipsed by Monks - who literally have almost no mechanical incentive to do anything other than hold items in both hands...

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The Swordmage problem is only eclipsed by Monks - who literally have almost no mechanical incentive to do anything other than hold items in both hands...

so when I make the Martial Artist class he needs a penality of some sort if he doesnt have his hands free/open?
[MENTION=12749]MwaO[/MENTION] or just a benefit dependent on having the hand free in more 4E style

Last edited:

Remove ads