D&D 5E 5e adventures set in swamps or arid lands?

Werebat

Explorer
Working on a new campaign whose main schtick is two worlds that are abnormally close together and can be shifted between more easily than usual; lower level spells might be able to bring people from one to the other and permanent gates left by an earlier civ dot the landscape here and there, often near cities (on both sides, or in some cases a city might have half its area one one side of a gate and the other half on the other), who use them for trade and travel. Think of the old Master of Magic game with its two worlds of Myrror and Arcane.

One of the worlds is very wet (lots of swamp), the other is dry (arid lands).

Can anyone recommend any 5e modules from DMsGuild or anywhere else, that might fit into such a world? Anything swampy, arid, or world hoppy might fit.

Quickleaf

Legend
Working on a new campaign whose main schtick is two worlds that are abnormally close together and can be shifted between more easily than usual; lower level spells might be able to bring people from one to the other and permanent gates left by an earlier civ dot the landscape here and there, often near cities (on both sides, or in some cases a city might have half its area one one side of a gate and the other half on the other), who use them for trade and travel. Think of the old Master of Magic game with its two worlds of Myrror and Arcane.

One of the worlds is very wet (lots of swamp), the other is dry (arid lands).

Can anyone recommend any 5e modules from DMsGuild or anywhere else, that might fit into such a world? Anything swampy, arid, or world hoppy might fit.

Also, have a look at https://www.adventurelookup.com/adventures/ Matthew Colville was the guy behind it I believe. You can input search criteria like "Swamp" and get 110 matching adventures throughout the history of D&D. You can further limit those results to 5th edition, getting 42 matching adventures.

I'd look for ones that catch your eye & then cross reference those titles with Merric's list that [MENTION=45197]pming[/MENTION] posted to see if there any reviews.

aco175

Legend
I can see some cool adventures around smuggling things between the two worlds. The ruling class controls the gate and traffic between the lands. They collect a great amount of wealth and try to keep the local thieves guild in check. Many plans both good and evil can be made around bypassing the guards and rulers.

There can be lots of goods that each side needs from the other. Water being the primary one and spices and medicine follow closely. I can see bootleg steam collectors on the arid side to collect the humidity in the air as the portal opens. There could even be pipes connecting the lands if the portal is permanent.

Having a portal between lands like this would also bring forces wanting to control it. Monster groups and neighboring nations would like to invade and seize it. Groups such as bullywugs cannot live in the arid world, but desert gnolls would certainly want to use it.

Remove ads