VE's Shackled City Campaign

Valors_End

First Post
I would like to run Paizo’s Shackled City Campaign here at Enworld. I’m looking for 4-6 reliable players for a long-term game that should prove an equal mix of roleplay and hack’n slash. Due to the amount of information, I will be maintaining data threads here: http://valorsend.proboards105.com/index.cgi?board=scap

Please read the information already posted there to aid in your character builds and backgrounds. Whether brief or extensive, please include a character background with your submission. Assume the player characters know each other (at least by name) at the start of this campaign.

A Brief Introduction
In general, life in Cauldron is good. The town guard deals with local troublemakers but leaves the bigger problems (like marauding monsters) to the lord mayor or one of the many churches in town.

Both the lord mayor and the priests of Cauldron periodically hire adventurers to deal with such problems directly. Townsfolk are generally pleased with the lord mayor, although a recent string of disappearances and robberies worries them.

People have been taken from their homes during the night, and the town guard has been unable to identify the culprits or locate the vanished citizens. It seems that no place is secure.

Please post your questions, concerns, and character submissions in this thread.

Notes:
1. Knowledge skills will prove to be useful.
2. This adventure primarily involves urban and underground environments; druids and nature-types, you have been warned.
3. While close, this will not be an “as written” version of Shackled City.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Sounds cool! Consider this a placeholder til I have a chance to look thru your chargen rules.

Question: from your inclusion of Dromites from the XPH, and the fact that you are allowing any WOTC book except Incarnum... does that psionics are going to be available? If so, how are you handling psionics vs magic?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I would REALLY like to get into a game as a player. Especially a module series (which I've never read, so I'm spoiler free). I have a lot of experience as a player on these boards, and I've been watching the forums diligently waiting for a semi-normal dnd game to play in.

I'll agree with Shayuri's question about character level. One question of my own, is this setting a self-contained one, or is it part of a specific campaign setting?

Valors_End

First Post
Insight
While I'm not fond of certain parts of it, I'll be using the default Psionics-Magic Transparency as described on page 55 of ExPH.

Shayuri and Creamsteak
This game should go from Level 1 all the way up to Level 20.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I've played a bit through the first module on these boards, but didn't get too far. How often you think you'll be posting? Its a looong AP.

Edit: Just saw the 'would like once per day' on the other board.

Valors_End

First Post
Creamsteak
In the World of Greyhawk, Sasserine is set in the Hellfurnaces, near the Amedio Jungle, east of the Sea of Dust, and southwest from the Azure Sea and Jeklea Bay (basically the far SW corner of the world). Cauldron is positioned about 200 miles south of Sasserine.

I think the adventure was designed so that the things happening in Greyhawk don't have any major effects on Cauldron and vice versa. I'd consider it self-contained for the majority.

stonegod
I plan to post at least once a day, though up to 3-4 times. I want things to stay moving at a good pace. It is indeed a long adventure.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'm thinking maybe a warlock, if that's acceptable. Not sure on race yet, but I'll put a possible feeler out for changeling or warforged from the ECS .

Are you using any of the options from the SCAP book (I think they had background options. I.e. the "Local Hero Traits" From the other SCAP game I was in)

Insight

Adventurer
I'd like to play a Psion in this game, a telepath specifically, with maybe some damage dealing capability. If someone else is really set on a pure arcane caster, though, I could be convinced to play something different (I really don't like to be mostly or totally duplicating someone else's main abilities).

WarlockLord

First Post
Could I get in this as a dread necromancer? It's from Heroes of Horror, and I'd probably end up using feats from Libris Mortis (Tomb-Tainted Soul and the Corpsecrafter chain of feats) and Arcane Disciple from Complete Divine.

EDIT: I'd be human. And I don't think it should clash with Insight's telepath.

Remove ads