• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

100 Kickstarter Rewards

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, we may not be able to come up with 100 - but let's see how many we can. I'd like to compile a big list of suggested Kickstarter rewards as a reference for those considering launching an RPG-related Kickstarter project. I'll then put it up on RPG Kickstarters.

I'll start with some of the obvious, easy ones:
  • Mentioned in the credits
  • Access to a private development forum
  • Character or place named after you
  • Autographed copies
  • Creative input
  • Stickers/magnets
  • Invitation to a special event or game

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
  • Special Edition of the Book/PDF
  • Early access to the material
  • All future content/updates/modules
  • Special dice/dice bag
  • Special miniature/token
  • Personal sketch/art by artist of book
  • Combo packs, like book + pdf
  • Threshold crossed: all pledges get upgraded one step
  • Threshold crossed: all pledgers receive dice/dice bag
  • Threshold crossed: all 'preordered' books get upgraded to Special Edition

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head for now.

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
Ones we've done for Adventurer Conqueror King, its Player's Companion, and/or Dwimmermount:

• T-shirts
  • Signed print of cover art
  • Pre-release limited edition printing of product, useful for playtesting
  • Separate booklet of maps
  • The core book for which a supplement is being Kickstarted
  • Hand-bound version of book signed by creators
  • A vinyl mat - this suggestion comes from Dave at Blackwyrm; tactical battlemats are the obvious application but for Dwimmermount we're doing a tracker to record the party's progress through the mega-dungeon and how the situation changes in response
  • You describe a scene, character, etc. which will be illustrated and published in the final book (e.g. this or this)
  • You and one of the artists play a game together and then choose a scene from your adventures to be illustrated in the final book
  • You create one of the characters that will be published as a pre-gen in future modules
  • As above, plus one of the artists does a portrait of the character you created that's published in the final book
  • As above, plus you get the original piece of art
  • As above, plus Sandra Garrity scupts a miniature of your character and chooses an artist to paint it for you
  • As above, plus you get a selection of Dwarven Forge pieces customized to build the dungeon your mini will explore

Ones I thought were awesome in the Random Dungeon Generator as a Dungeon Map Kickstarter:
  • "Monster Manual on a Business Card" business cards, which contain the complete math for creating 4e monsters
  • I will draw the backer or the backer's D&D character into the final version of the poster, being killed by a trap.
  • I will draw the backer or the backer's D&D character into the poster, NOT being killed by a trap.
  • I will print enough copies to give a bundle to EVERY FLGS THAT SELLS THE 1e REPRINTS.

Remove ads