12 new monster images revealed from Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes!

I am no good at posting pictures, so you have to go to https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/05/09/new-monsters-images-revealed-from-mordenkainens-tome-of-foes/. Pictures include: Giff Eidolon (assumed no caption) wintery Eladrin Eladrin design shot I have no idea, but ugly The scariest looking Abashai I have ever seen--looks like it deserves a high CR Abashai group shot I have no idea, but ugly...

I am no good at posting pictures, so you have to go to https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/05/09/new-monsters-images-revealed-from-mordenkainens-tome-of-foes/.

Pictures include:

Giff
Eidolon (assumed no caption)
wintery Eladrin
Eladrin design shot
I have no idea, but ugly
The scariest looking Abashai I have ever seen--looks like it deserves a high CR
Abashai group shot
I have no idea, but ugly
Marut--Not your Dad's Marut, but seriously after looking at this, why would you want your Dad's Marut?
Marut design
Something big and scary (maybe a death giant?)
Another Giff
female Drow (matriarch?)
The last is definitely the Drow Matron Mother, they showed that art during the one-on-one battles on Twitch.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Sorry, only miniature giant space hamsters are allowed as familiars.

Now I want to play a Beastmaster Ranger who fights with two-handed weapons, Defensive FS, high Strength and Constitution. Take a cranium rat (hamster) as bonded beast.

He would leave no crevices untouched.

Herosmith14

First Post
The combination of big eye and tiny protruding wings from various spots makes me think the maruts (and presumably other inevitables) are "modron enforcers" in this edition. Or at least related to the modrons in some fashion, beyond both being creatures of law.

See, you description made me think of Eyeclops from skulanders, but it's obviously a construct. It will be interesting to see if it's Duergat, Gnome, or Modtin.

Watching the video, the spikey thing under the abashai in the illustration at the top of the thread is a Sorrowsworn - the Lonely. The deformed thing below the eladrin is a rutterkin (one of the few classic demons that had yet to be updated to 5e - so I'm quite happy to see they got in as they are on my personal list of creatures I was wanting to see updated).

Also shown in the video, but not among the illustrations at that top of the thread, are:

Sea Elves (at 23:20).
Sorrowsworn - The Wretched (at 32:30)
Unnamed red ooze creature (at 54:23) that they said they are just previewing and will actually go more in-depth on later.

There is also several more pieces of art work we've already seen, like Moloch, the Astral Dreadnought, and a few others...

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Watching the video, the spikey thing under the abashai in the illustration at the top of the thread is a Sorrowsworn - the Lonely. The deformed thing below the eladrin is a rutterkin (one of the few classic demons that had yet to be updated to 5e - so I'm quite happy to see they got in as they are on my personal list of creatures I was wanting to see updated).

Also shown in the video, but not among the illustrations at that top of the thread, are:

Sea Elves (at 23:20).
Sorrowsworn - The Wretched (at 32:30)
Unnamed red ooze creature (at 54:23) that they said they are just previewing and will actually go more in-depth on later.

There is also several more pieces of art work we've already seen, like Moloch, the Astral Dreadnought, and a few others...
First word of Sea Elves since the UA, interesting.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads