13th Age 13th Age monsters in 5E

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
Yes, and I'm glad. I like 5e much more than 13th Age, but there's enough good stuff in 13th Age that is usable, so it's win win.
Yes I like both systems, although I prefer 5e, and there are some great bits of 13th Age that can be borrowed to enhance a 5e game!

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Some great work done already, it looks like 13th age is a good fir for 5e, this fills me with optimism! I'm going to have a look over the weekend about stating up some 5e monsters with 13th age trimmings :)

Thanks for the work guys!

Nebulous

Legend
That's a great and incredibly useful list. I'll link to the 13th Age open source SRD, and encourage people to actually buy the books. They're freakin' awesome, and I say that with great prejudice because I've written for them.

Yes, they ARE useful, and for someone who might be a book-a-holic and discouraged by 5e's slow rollout, it's a perfect supplement.

Personally, just dropping one of these into a 5e monster stat block completely erases my worries about them being too "vanilla".

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
So let me know what you think. I think it would be easy to implement these, and maybe even the escalation die for another mechanic, but that might be a little trickier.

https://app.box.com/s/tceem0vkcjgq9rfa8h8h
These look excellent, thanks for doing it.

I think there is a lot to be said for even pinching randomised surprise effects, like if you roll 16+, this happens, or if you roll an even, that happens. Very easily thrown on top of a what otherwise might be a kind of boring 5e monster, and due to the randomised nature, even the DM will be surprised.

Nebulous

Legend
These look excellent, thanks for doing it.

I think there is a lot to be said for even pinching randomised surprise effects, like if you roll 16+, this happens, or if you roll an even, that happens. Very easily thrown on top of a what otherwise might be a kind of boring 5e monster, and due to the randomised nature, even the DM will be surprised.

You're welcome. And I agree, randomizing a few effects is a great idea. I sure wish that had been a core rule!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases