D&D 5E $165 Priced Hardcover D&D 2022 Book(s?) Leaked on Amazon

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

D&D Celebration is September 23–26! Don’t miss the Future of D&D panel streaming on Sunday 9/26 at 3:30 PM PST to find out about this product and hints at what else is in store for Dungeons & Dragons!

D&D Celebration is September 23–26! Don’t miss the Future of D&D panel streaming on Sunday 9/26 at 3:30 PM PST to find out about this product and hints at what else is in store for Dungeons & Dragons!

Book is to be announced Sunday. It is possible the price is just a placeholder, if not this is possibly a collection of books in a slipcase.

Speculate away! Only 2 days until we actually know the truth.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer

Book is to be announced Sunday. It is possible the price is just a placeholder, if not this is possibly a collection of books in a slipcase.

Speculate away! Only 2 days until we actually know the truth.
That's, wow, that's really expensive. I guess those rumors about WotC raising the price on D&D books were true ;) (I'm kidding. I don't expect this to be just one book if it keeps the same price).

I mean, if the price stays the same, the most obvious possibility would be reprints of the Three Core Rulebooks with the changes from Tasha's to the races, classes, and feats. It is the price of 3 books, after all.

But that . . . seems unlikely right now, to say the least. I actually do hope that the price is just a placeholder, because if it isn't, that's gonna take a chunk out of my wallet.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear what this is! Anyone else have any guesses?

Last edited:

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
I'm also on the "Book Set" bandwagon... but.

I think it's a setting. One of the Revamped oldies or the newest one.

And I think it'll be broken into multiple books for player facing and DM facing materials. Because they've stated they want to do a new format for their settings (other than Digital) and that... that would be a new format, for sure.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
I can totally see a full package sort of product made for a setting. It would be out of character, considering the treatment 5E's other settings have been given, but it's the perfect launch point for a new type of product, a return to the boxed settings of the past with splatbooks included, if you will.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Wild (and probably incorrect) guess that this is a Dragonlance set; not only a setting book, but a 5E updated release of the entirety of the Dragonlance series of modules.

It would be an absolute insane amount of entirely new content so I'm fairly certain it's not it, but I'm just thinking of stuff that aren't the obvious (updated core books).

Remove ads