D&D 5E $165 Priced Hardcover D&D 2022 Book(s?) Leaked on Amazon

I'm also thinking it's a set, but probably not that many. As a complete guess, it may be just the 4 expansions, or the core with a setting. 7 books for $170 would be a great price; 4 sounds more realistic.
The MSRP for the current core rulebook set is $169.95 as well. That would seem to indicate either three books (perhaps the same three books), or possibly four smaller books...

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
My guess is an updated Core 3 set.

But my D&Dystopian thought for the day is...

A fancy boxed gift-card for a one-year subscription to the new-and-improved, completely cloud-based, online-only D&D Xtra™ (backed by DragonDRM Tech™, with blockchain!), to support the company's migration to a fully subscription model.

Amrûnril

Adventurer
Would four to five months be enough time to actually incorporate feedback from the class survey into a revised PHB? Between processing the surveys, making design decisions about what to change, adjusting formatting to accommodate the changes, and actually getting the books printed and distributed, that would strike me as quite a fast turnaround time.

And I think it'll be broken into multiple books for player facing and DM facing materials. Because they've stated they want to do a new format for their settings (other than Digital) and that... that would be a new format, for sure.
It could actually be pretty neat to get a Campaign Setting, Adventure, and Player Options for a given world as a boxed set. What world would warrant that, given that we already have a laundry list of Forgotten Realms adventures? Dark Sun? Planescape?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I think a simple reprint of the PHB with more ''proficiency per long rest'' features, a revisited ranger and sorcerer, classic ancestries with the Tasha's model etc will be in the slipcase.

Then a MM with the goshdarn proficiency bonus of monsters in their statblock! And few template (such as Mythic) to increase the challenge for solo monsters.

Then a DMG with simple yet robust sets of rules: exploration, henchmen, mass battle etc

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
It could actually be pretty neat to get a Campaign Setting, Adventure, and Player Options for a given world as a boxed set. What world would warrant that, given that we already have a laundry list of Forgotten Realms adventures? Dark Sun? Planescape?
That would probably be for bringing a previous setting back to 5e. I could see Planescape getting that treatment; one book for covering the base premise of the setting for the DM to use (gazetteer of Sigil and maps of the Outer Planes, similar to the map of Avernus from BG: DiA), another for player options (reprinted and updated Genasi, Eladrin, Hexblood, the Tiefling variants, Aasimar, Aarakocra, the subclasses that are connecetd to the planes, like the Horizon Walker, Oath of the Watchers, Clockwork Sorcerer, etc) and magic items and monsters (more Modrons, Slaad Lords, Archfiends, Celestial Paragons, reprints of the Demons and Devils from Mordekainen's Tome of Foes, possibly even statted out gods like Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, etc), and then the final book being an Adventure book in Planescape (maybe with the Great Modron March, or some giant extraplanar event).

I could also see it working with Dragonlance, too.

Weiley31

Legend
I would be totally okay with it being the core 3 reprint with some of the DND Beyond enhancement (like monsters PB scores as mentioned above) and for the PHB core races redone as Lineages.

Because I can still use the original PHB core races while having the redone PHB Lineages to layer over said original PHB core races, Tasha's Custom Race, or any other 5E 3pp race options.

Unless the impossible happens and its a three book setting set composed of Planescape, Dragonlance, and the revisited Forgotten Realms book with Hydro47 covers.

Remove ads