2 Questions for the Knowledgable

prophet

First Post
Question 1:
Can you use magical bracers with nonmagical armor (regular, masterwork, elven chain, mithril chain)?

Question 2:
In the Forgotten Realms book, a cleric of Mystra can cast ANY third level spell for her domain spell, does incluse all sorcery type spells also (fireball, lightning bolt, etc..)? Mystra is the god of magic...

These two questions keep hounding me (and others seeking this knowledge).

If anyone would be so kind to ablige me and even point me to where these answers are spelled out, that would be great!

Thanks,
--->prophet<---

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

1) No, both provide armor bonuses- and regular armor and magic bracer armor bonuses don't stack.

2) I have no idea- FR is not my cup of tea.

Good luck!
FD

Galfridus

First Post
Furn_Darkside said:
Salutations,

1) No, both provide armor bonuses- and regular armor and magic bracer armor bonuses don't stack.

Of course you can technically use them both at the same time (in case someone casts Dispel Magic on your Bracers, for example), but since the bonuses overlap rather than stack it won't be too useful most of the time.

MythandLore

First Post
prophet said:
Question 1:
Can you use magical bracers with nonmagical armor (regular, masterwork, elven chain, mithril chain)?
Yes you can use them, but the 'armor bonus' from the armor doesn't stack with the bracers of armor 'armor bonus' because they are the same bonus.
But I'm assuming your talking about bracers of armor right?
Because you can still use bracers regardless of the armor your wearing, bracers of archery or other bracers with other powers still work regardless of the armor your wearing.

prophet said:
Question 2:
In the Forgotten Realms book, a cleric of Mystra can cast ANY third level spell for her domain spell, does incluse all sorcery type spells also (fireball, lightning bolt, etc..)? Mystra is the god of magic...
I'm not sure I know what your talking about here, I have the FRCS book but I don't rember a "any 3rd level spell" anywhere, maybe I missed it, do you have a page you could point me to so I can look at it?

Geoff Watson

First Post
You can wear magic bracers with normal armour, though if they are bracers of armour the armour bonuses aren't cumulative.

'Anyspell' is a particular spell in the FR book. It allows the caster to prepare a first or second level spell from a spellbook as if he were a wizard.

Geoff.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Going through The Heart of Nightfang Spire we discovered that magical bracers (and mage armor) are quite nice to "overlap" with your regular armor.

Spectres and shadows and other incorporeal nasties can attack right through normal armor, but mage armor is a force effect and will give you a little bit more protection.

It made a huge difference in our survival and (eventual) victory.

Wulf

MythandLore

First Post
Geoff Watson said:
'Anyspell' is a particular spell in the FR book. It allows the caster to prepare a first or second level spell from a spellbook as if he were a wizard.
OH! Anyspell, I was wondering what he ment.
Now I understand, he's talking about a spell.
He said, they can use "Any spell", I though it was a werid power that I missed somewere.
I kept looking for it for a while too, man-'o-man.
Yep.
What Geoff said.
It's on page 67 FRCS.

prophet

First Post
Anyspell

Sorry, about the confusion. I have an old Forgotten Relams Domain spell .pdf file and on it was a Spell domain, 3rd level "Anyspell". I didn't know that was actually a spell ...Anyspell...(did not have Forgotten Realms book), I saw it as just any third level spell.

This clears it up.

Thanks for your help and input!

--->prophet<---

Remove ads