20 years.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I had a notifications pop up on my google calendar this morning, apparently I'd set a reminder over a decade ago, to tell me when my ENWorld account reached 20 years old. I don't know why I did that, but now it's given me tons of nostalgia. 20 years ago today I created this account, I had accounts before on the software that couldn't be brought forward. and of course on Eric's site before that.

Morrus, thank you for creating a building and maintaining a community that has given me joy (and anger at times LOL) for over 2 decades. 20 years is a long time in internet time, this is probably the oldest account I have anywhere, the only thing I've got older is a hotmail account I no longer use. That is incredible.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Heh, Morrus' account is only a day older than yours - you got in at the very beginning. 20 years and still active, that's an achievement.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Morrus, thank you for creating a building and maintaining a community that has given me joy (and anger at times LOL) for over 2 decades. 20 years is a long time in internet time, this is probably the oldest account I have anywhere, the only thing I've got older is a hotmail account I no longer use. That is incredible.
it is amazing how many people I know on these boards from all that time ago!

Moon_Goddess

That date is the 2002 software change. Lots of people have dates around then as their imported accounts all got set to that date. The boards actually predate that by 2-3 years!
Yeah, Morrus probably told us over on whatever incarnation of Nutkinland was active at the time, so we got in as soon as it went live......

Rune

Once A Fool
Yeah, Morrus probably told us over on whatever incarnation of Nutkinland was active at the time, so we got in as soon as it went live......
As I recall, when Eric Noah retired his site (in 2001, probably?), everyone’s pre-existing account was automatically moved over to EN World.

A few server crashes (and migrations) happened over the next few years, (ah, Cyberstreet! How unreliable your servers!), but the one in early 2002 is the one that killed all of the old threads.

Even so, we didn’t lose our accounts or have to sign back up. Although, some people might have, I suppose. For the rest of us, that happened automatically.

Moon_Goddess

As I recall, when Eric Noah retired his site (in 2001, probably?), everyone’s pre-existing account was automatically moved over to EN World.

A few server crashes (and migrations) happened over the next few years, (ah, Cyberstreet! How unreliable your servers!), but the one in early 2002 is the one that killed all of the old threads.

Even so, we didn’t lose our accounts or have to sign back up. Although, some people might have, I suppose. For the rest of us, that happened automatically.
Did it reset the join dates? Cuz I've not seen anyone with a date earlier than Jan 8 2002 and that's just Morrus and other admins at the time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases