2007/12/06 Tabletop RPG Podcasts

charlesatan

Explorer
Lifted from my regular blog, Bibliophile Stalker and my Gleemax blog.

Every Thursday, I post links to various podcasts that deal with the topic of fiction, writing, and tabletop RPGs.

I don't know if there was something in the water last week but a couple of gaming podcasts dealt with introducing gaming to new players: Fear the Boot has Introducing New Players to Roleplaying Games, Gamer's Haven has an episode on New Gamers, and Fandomaniacs has an episode entitled Introducing Fandom & Gaming. It's probably not rocket science to guess what this months podcast will feature (hint: happy holidays!).

Tabletop RPG (Mostly)

* Pulp Gamer episodes: Dave Arneson, Bringing Them Together (Family Night).
* Heroic Cthulhu episodes: Fire (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), Long Dark (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9), My Lil Pony (1, 2, 3, 4), Sludge (1, 2), Food (1, 2, 3, 4), Mirror (1, 2, 3), Triangle (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), The Naked Man (1, 2, 3), Sticks (1, 2, 3, 4), Horse (1, 2, 3).
* Wandering Geek Podcast has an episode on Geek Gift Guide.
* The Tome reviews the Eberron novel Storm Dragon.
* The House of the Harping Monkey has their Giants (1) game playtest and their Godsend Agenda game with Jerry Grayson (this is actually part two; see below).
* The Game Master Show has an episode on Godsend Agenda with Jerry Grayson (part one; see above for part two).
* Role Playing Public Radio has an episode on Loot.
* OgreCave Audio Report has an episode entitled Angry at the Calm Before the Storm.
* Master Plan has an interview with Ben Lehman.
* Jay Lake has a reading of The Dying Dream of Water.
* Grimm Studios Podcast interviews The Wandering Men.
* Accidental Survivors has an episode entitled Starting a New Campaign.
* Fell Calls! has the five secret santa gifts for the Iron Kingdoms in their latest episode entitled Don't Tell Your Parents.
* Fist Full of Comics and Games has the following episodes: Monarch Comics Briefing for November 29, 2007; This Week in Geek for December 2, 2007; The Inner Circle: Doujinshi.
* Midnight's Lair has part three of their actual play recording of Jail Break.
* The Voice of the Revolution interviews Carl Rigney of Dogs in the Vineyard fame.
* Virtual Play has uploaded their fifth session of Burning the Feywood as well as various PhilCon complete game sessions: Tangled Fates, Kingdom of Nothing, Spirit of the Century and Shock: Social Science Fiction.
* Gaming Steve interviews Chris Perkins about 4E (fast forward to 52:30 if you don't want to hear the video game news). (From ENWorld)
* The Signal has a new Holiday Special 2029.
* Have Games Will Travel has a new episode of A Few More Games.
* Geek Label Radio has their Holiday Shopping Guide episode.
* Gamer Radio Zero's latest episode interviews Chris Perkins on D&D 4E and Forgotten Realms as well as Nick Bartoletti.
* Fear the Boot continues its trend of introducing games to new players with their latest episode entitled Explaining RPGs to People That Don't Game.
* Canon Puncture interviews Red 5 Studios which include Ed Stark and David Williams.

Remove ads