2014 Booth Duty Volunteer Sign-ups

MrsFickleGM

Explorer
We need you!

What for?
We need volunteers for the ENnies booth at Gen Con this year. I know it's a little early to think about Gen Con, but we want to give people plenty of time to work out their schedule, especially since event sign up doesn't begin until May 18, and the last day to submit for the awards is May 8th.

How long will it take?
Each shift is two hours and we like to have two people at the booth for each shift. When scheduling your time, please plan to show up 10 minutes before your shift starts.

What do I have to do?
You'll answer questions from passers-by about the ENnies. Information about when the ceremony is, who the judges are, who the nominees are, how the winners are chosen, etc. will be sent out before Gen Con and will be available in a book at the booth.

If publishers want to drop off materials for next year's ENnies, you'll have them fill out a form and give them a receipt. (especially on Sundays)

You also have to make sure nothing is taken from the booth, especially on Saturday and Sunday, after the ENnie winners are announced Friday night.

What's in it for me?
If the good feeling you'll get knowing you've helped fellow gamers isn't enough, we've got swag bags for all volunteers.

Where do I sign up?
Right here! Just respond to this post to let us know which shift you'd like to work. You can also e-mail me, the Volunteer Coordinator, by booth@ ennie-awards.com (make sure to delete the space between the @ and ennie-awards.com) Please include your real name, phone number (or way to reach you), as well as your screen name

DayVolunteer 1Volunteer 2
Thursday - Aug 14

9:00-12:00Gabriel Whitehead (ficklegm)Cindy Whitehead
12:00-2:00Ryan Nock (Ranger Wickett)Jeff Smith (raiko385)
2:00-4:00St. HeraclitusOPEN
4:00-6:00Hans Cummings (JediSoth)OPEN

Friday - Aug 15

10:00-12:00Rainbow Poet (Will Upchurch)Jonathan Thompson
12:00-2:00Steve Jung (kafitrar)OPEN
2:00-4:00TerrickTerranOPEN
4:00-6:00Victor RobleTim Beirne

Saturday - Aug 16

10:00-12:00Marcello LarcherOPEN
12:00-2:00OPENOPEN
2:00-4:00Stacey Muth (Whirligig)OPEN
4:00-6:00OPENOPEN

Sunday - Aug 17

10:00-12:00Angela PoundAaron Pound
12:00-2:00Sandie LawDuncan Law
2:00-4:00Gabriel Whitehead (ficklegm)Tony Law (reveal)

Last edited:

MrsFickleGM

Explorer
Bump. Come one come all. Now that the tickets are available, please sign up so we can get the booth staffed. You know you want to work at the best booth in the dealer hall!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Wish I was going this year :( - you meet so many interesting people doing the booth...button man was quite funny last year.

Last edited:

Hooper

First Post
I'm waiting for confirmation from the workplace on how many of my requested days off, which is a long way of saying I'm waiting to find out what time I'll arrive Friday.

So once I know I'll pull a shift. Though if like last year I'll probably just help out at any time.

Sobriety not guaranteed.

(I'd love to find out what happened to the "movie star guy" who had no idea what he was talking about or where he was, if anyone who was at the booth when that happens remember him.)

MrsFickleGM

Explorer
I'm waiting for confirmation from the workplace on how many of my requested days off, which is a long way of saying I'm waiting to find out what time I'll arrive Friday.

So once I know I'll pull a shift. Though if like last year I'll probably just help out at any time.

Sobriety not guaranteed.

(I'd love to find out what happened to the "movie star guy" who had no idea what he was talking about or where he was, if anyone who was at the booth when that happens remember him.)
Sounds great Hoop, we'll keep you on the Alt list. :) That's where my name is....

MrsFickleGM

Explorer
(-: You know you want to sign up for one of the available slots. :)

How else can you tell people about the Ennies and the awesomest message board around?

MrsFickleGM

Explorer
Need help, especially before the Ennies. Please consider helping the booth out. Free Swag! Chance to meet some of the great people around, and our booth is right behind the corset sales! ;-)

Remove ads