2019 WotC D&D Releases

Mercurius

Legend
I just want to make sure I'm up-to-date. Is this right?

May: Ghosts of Saltmarsh hardcover
June: Essentials Kit box set
September: Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus hardcover
???: Eberron hardcover

Is that the gist of it? Is this everything until next year (May), or might there be more surprises? For some reason I was under the impression there was going to be four hardcovers...maybe the Essentials Kit is the fourth product? Or maybe a second Baldur's Gate book? Or maybe another surprise PDF ala Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, except for...Dark Sun?

I believe you are missing the lightly regarded June release of the Aquisitions Incorporated book. I cant for the life of me understand who would buy the book based on the information I have seen. But I guess you never know.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I just want to make sure I'm up-to-date. Is this right?

May: Ghosts of Saltmarsh hardcover
June: Essentials Kit box set
September: Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus hardcover
???: Eberron hardcover

Is that the gist of it? Is this everything until next year (May), or might there be more surprises? For some reason I was under the impression there was going to be four hardcovers...maybe the Essentials Kit is the fourth product? Or maybe a second Baldur's Gate book? Or maybe another surprise PDF ala Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, except for...Dark Sun?

Yeah, the Acquisitions Incorporated book is an official D&D branded rule book as well.

Given that Eberron was a successful experiment, I reckon we might seem them fo something similar, as you suggest.

ccs

41st lv DM
Hmm. Looks like other than Saltmarsh I save $ this year.

Nah, who am I kidding? That $ will just be spent on other aspects of my overall gaming hobby. :)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I believe you are missing the lightly regarded June release of the Aquisitions Incorporated book. I cant for the life of me understand who would buy the book based on the information I have seen. But I guess you never know.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that book is going to sell extremely well.

It's got a whole subsystem for running an adventuring company like a company, and using party roles to thematically put some of the work of record keeping into the hands of the players, give the group a decision tie breaker who isn't necessarily the leader, etc, each of which levels up based on doing the thing it's there for, and provides fun (but only silly if you want them to be) adventuring benefits thematically appropriate to the role.

It also adds in elements of maintaining and upgrading a home base and transport, a new weird race, and a ton of lore to play in a version of FR that has some of the interesting elements added by the C Team campaign and the Aquisitions Inc main game.

It's a really cool product for dnd.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh, I'm pretty sure that book is going to sell extremely well.

It's got a whole subsystem for running an adventuring company like a company, and using party roles to thematically put some of the work of record keeping into the hands of the players, give the group a decision tie breaker who isn't necessarily the leader, etc, each of which levels up based on doing the thing it's there for, and provides fun (but only silly if you want them to be) adventuring benefits thematically appropriate to the role.

It also adds in elements of maintaining and upgrading a home base and transport, a new weird race, and a ton of lore to play in a version of FR that has some of the interesting elements added by the C Team campaign and the Aquisitions Inc main game.

It's a really cool product for dnd.

Oh, yeah, this is going to be big. WotC is hyping other books partly because this will work fine by itself.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Oh, yeah, this is going to be big. WotC is hyping other books partly because this will work fine by itself.

Yep. The AqInc fans, especially the Shadow Council (C Team fans for those who don't watch), will buy out the first printing by themselves. The general dnd audience will buy a decent amount once there is a better understanding of what these franchises and franchise roles add to the game, and that it expands on FR in new and interesting ways.

Funny. I read your reply and at first I thought you were making my point 😀. Sounds horrible to me.

You might be correct but I play in a couple dnd groups and no one is interested in this at all. Most are upset a product release is wasted on something so niche.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Funny. I read your reply and at first I thought you were making my point 😀. Sounds horrible to me.

You might be correct but I play in a couple dnd groups and no one is interested in this at all. Most are upset a product release is wasted on something so niche.

Do they watch the show? The audience for the show is highly likely to be interested in buying this, and they have a significant viewership.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases