2020 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - Sebeki from Crocodile Game and a Wild Boar

pogre

Legend
River Tiles are finally finished! 17 tiles total. Still have one to make for my Hirst Arts bridges and a larger one for my watermill, but I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out.
069_rivertiles_01.jpeg

070_rivertiles_02.jpeg

A close up of the ford:
071_rivertiles_03.jpeg

Closer shot of bend:
072_rivertiles_04.jpeg

Last shot:
073_rivertiles_05.jpeg

Models completed in 2020: 87

pogre

Legend
Lizardfolk Druid stuff:

So earlier I posted some of my son Keegan's pieces. He made a satyr for our D&D campaign, but sadly his character was killed by goblin arrows early on. He took it well and created a Lizardfolk druid and used this miniature, which I have shown you before:
keegan_05_skinkpriest.jpeg

He decided he needed some 'extras'. I sculpted a template for his old reliable entangle spell:
miniature_104_entangle.jpeg

He sculpted a Giant Spider for his wildshape that would more closely match his character's color scheme:
miniature_102_spider.jpeg

Since his PC is almost 4th level he sculpted a Giant Toad, which he anticipates being a favorite for his wildshape ability:
miniature_103_toad.jpeg

Finally, he made a sculpt given his last experience with his satyr - one that he hopes to never have to use!
miniature_101_casualty.jpeg

Models completed in 2020: 88

pogre

Legend
So a quick 3D printing update: It will be a while before you see any 3d models directly printed by me. I did something stupid and essentially destroyed my 3d printer. The head was going bad - printer heads need to be replaced after so many hours of printing. I thought I knew how to replace the head from the manual, but in my overzealous attempt to remove the printer head I broke the bracket and manage to bend the top carriage bar. Replacement parts are not worth it, so I gave what was left to a friend who has the same printer for spare parts. It was totally my fault, but I'm done printing for a while.

When I told my wife she said, "That's par for the course for 2020." True enough.

I don't regret getting into 3D printing, and probably will again some day.

Ouch, that is one expensive goof up. I suppose for now you can always rely on others to print things for you. There are plenty of online services for it. A friend of mine also got into 3d printing a few years ago, but his first purchase was a mistake, because the machine was unstable and inaccurate. It is an expensive lesson to learn, but I guess 3d printing simply isn't as simple as it seems. His new machine though yields much better results.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases