2022 RPG Resolutions

hawkeyefan

Legend
My goal this year is to bring my Spire campaign to a satisfying end. Then I’d like to run a campaign of The Between. When that wraps, my goal is to run a Heart campaign.

As a player, I’m looking forward to wrapping up a Blades in the Dark campaign I’m playing in. Once we finish that, we’re supposed to play a short Dogs in the Vineyard campaign, which is a game I’ve been wanting to play for some time. After that, I think we’re looking to do some Torchbearer 2.

I also play in a 5E campaign where we rotate GMs every few sessions. We’re level 7 now, and I think we have maybe a few more levels of play to go. The rotating GMthing has been awesome in some ways, and not so awesome in others. I think I’d like to maybe give it another try, but with a new setting/situation that’s more suited to the rotating GM thing.

1) Only support games I will actually run. As a corollary only by books/accessories that will be used at the table.
2) Be realistic about what I have time to prep and run. I currently run a weekly game via Foundry and have been thinking of starting another to play the games my weekly group just isn’t in to. I need to be sure I can support two games before making the call.
3) Try and run a game to its natural conclusion rather than getting bored 12 sessions into it and looking at something new and shiny.
4) Trim my collection of rpgs and mini war games down to projects I will actually run or paint and play. Do I really need 5 unfinished Warhammer 40k armies?

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
First Resolution: Try new systems

I've mentioned quite a few times how during the first year of the pandemic I compensated my inability to play TTRPGs (in person) with buying systems and studying them. I put my purchases on hold for now.

2022 is the year I'll dig through and play these systems. I'm lucky enough to work in an industry (video games) where most of my coworkers are interested in the hobby, so finding player is excessively easy.

This is my list for this year:
  • Forbidden Lands
  • Vampire: the Masquerade 5th edition
  • Symbaroum
  • Vaesen
  • Things from the Flood
  • Lancer
  • Death Space
  • Orbital Blues
  • Zweïhander
  • Pathfinder 2E
If I do half the list, I'll be content with myself.

Second Resolution: Publish something
I've been easing my way into possibly publishing a little something in 2022. It'll probably start with a zine. Already have some ideas brainstormed with a college of mine who's an artist. We'll see what happens with this.

Get into OSR
By the end of the year, I'll like to be gearing towards 2023 being a year of OSR products. I want to do a dive in and experience it. This won't happen in 2022, but I need to isolate which systems I want to try and what I want to get out of it.

Mezuka

Hero
  • Focus my energies on one fantasy and one sci-fi rpg instead of being all over the place.
  • Not buy new rpgs.
  • Paint miniatures.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
This is a very good question.

I'd like to spend more time with the people I game with in person, doing things others than gaming (but in addition to gaming).

Is like to get my GMing mojo back. I have ideas, but little confidence in seeing them through.

Be on my phone less at the gaming table.

This may sound weird, but I want to get rid of gaming PDFs I don't use. There's an awful lot of stuff clogging up my Google Drive and Dropbox.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Time for me to learn Foundry since I purchased it in 2021, haven't really mastered it. Barely got started even. Looking forward to it!

Hit up some local Battletech meetups and get some table time in.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases