D&D 3E/3.5 2E-3E help

BIGLOU

First Post
Guys,

The wizard site in down ( at least for me) and I need the experience point conversion info.

Can someone pleeeeeze post it if you have the conversion book handy?

Much thanks,

BIGLOU

Crothian

First Post
Are you talking about level conversion? THat is a one to one basis excpet for multi classes, in which you take the highest level and add one third of the other class levels and then redistribute.

BIGLOU

First Post
XP conversion

Crothian,

I believe thier was an option to convert just XP ignoring levels. This is useful for very high XP level requirements like the Solomic Knights.

I think thier was a formula and/or a chart to do this.

Thanks for your help,

BIGLOU

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
1. Take the character’s old experience point total and subtract the minimum number of XP needed to reach the character’s level on the old table. For example, Sigretta is a 7th-level fighter created under the 2nd Edition AD&D rules; she has 87,500 XP. The minimum XP Sigretta needed to reach 7th level was 64,000 XP. 87,500 – 64,000 = 23,500.

2. Subtract the minimum number of XP needed to reach the character’s level on the old table from the minimum needed to reach the next level. For example, Sigretta would have needed 64,000 XP to reach 7th level, and she would have needed 125,000 XP to reach 8th level. 125,000 – 64,000 = 61,000.

3. Divide the number you got in step 1 by the number you got in step 2. In Sigretta’s case, 23,500 ÷ 61,000 = about .385.

4. Subtract the minimum number of XP needed to reach the character’s level on the new D&D table from the minimum needed to reach the next level. For example, Sigretta would have needed 21,000 XP to reach 7th level and needs 28,000 XP to reach 8th level. 28,000 – 21,000 = 7,000.

5. Multiply the number you got in step 3 by the number you got in step 4 and round down to the nearest whole
number. In Sigretta’s case, .385 × 7,000 = 2,695.

6. Add the number you got in step 5 to the minimum number of XP needed to reach the character’s level on the new XP table. This is the character’s adjusted experience total. In Sigretta’s case, 2,695 + 21,000 = 23,695.

Last edited:

dcollins

Explorer
There may be a bit of confusion to the preceding.

What the conversion manual has, and what RogueJK posted above, is a method for fixing the proper XP amount within your converted level.

That's not exactly what BigLou asked for, namely "I believe thier was an option to convert just XP ignoring levels." There is no such conversion procedure in the offical document.

Staffan

Legend
There is, however (or at least there was) a table for converting 2e XP straight into 3e XP and levels, which is a fairer conversion since 2e classes had different XP requirements and multiclasses mess things up something fierce. It used to be on the RPGA site in a document on converting Living City characters from 2e to 3e.

Ah, here's the document, moved over to the Organized Play site: http://www.livingcity.organizedplay.com/downloads/lc_character_conversion.pdf

Remove ads