• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.0rd Edition Power Game

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
OOC: Sorry I havent been keeping up as I should. I will try to post more often. Mithreander, if you want to make quick maps, try this link and see if you like it http://www.irony.com/java/mmee/

IC:Oldum remains as quiet as possible, not liking the reactions of the wolf. With his crossbow ready, he keeps to the shadows, and sneaks through the cave keeping an eye out for anything strange.

Spot +6 Roll Results: 11 Total: 17.
Link to this roll: http://www14.brinkster.com/nadaka/Experiments/DiceBoxSearch.asp?FindValue=623&SearchFor=RollNum

Hide +13 Roll Results: 10 Total: 23.
Link to this roll:http://www14.brinkster.com/nadaka/Experiments/DiceBoxSearch.asp?FindValue=624&SearchFor=RollNum

Listen +9 Roll Results: 7 Total: 16.
Link to this roll:http://www14.brinkster.com/nadaka/Experiments/DiceBoxSearch.asp?FindValue=625&SearchFor=RollNum

Move Silently +11 Roll Results: 20 Total: 31.
Link to this roll:http://www14.brinkster.com/nadaka/Experiments/DiceBoxSearch.asp?FindValue=626&SearchFor=RollNum

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: Hiding in shadows is a little more difficult then it used to be... you have to have shadows to hide in. If in this instance you wanted to hide, then you would have to travel quite a bit ahead of the group and stay in the shadowed sections listed on the map, but not far enough so that you yourself can not see. Beware creatures with darkvision, for you will need concealment to hide from them (oh, and consealment also works for those with normal sight).

Seeing the shadows retreat from the torch that the elf holds, Oldum moves up to the shadows ahead, knowing that he's safer there then in the direct light. From his new vantage point, he can see around yet another corner. There, beyond is a room with straw spewn on the floor, and in the corner of that room there is a couple of humanoids of somesort sleeping together.

What Oldum, Bjorn and Allen sees (though at the moment only Oldum can see the straw or the sleeping humanoids):

| |W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|1|"|s|s|o|s|s|s|
|W|"|"|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|
|W|"|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|s
|W|W|s|s| | | |s|W|
| | |W|W|W| | |W|
| | | | |W| | |W|
| | | | |W|b| | |W|
| | | | |W|r|a|W|
| | | | |W|k| | |W|
| | | |?|W| | | |W|
| | |?|s| | | |W|
| |?|s|s| | |W|
| |?|s|s|s|W|
|?|s|s|s|W|
|?|W|W|W|

s = Shadowy area.

What Aramil and Kaliska sees
| | | | | | | | | |?|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
| | | | | | | | | |?| | | |o| | | |W|
| | |?| | | | | | | |W|
| | | |?| | | | | |?|
| | |?|?| | | | |W|
| | | |?|W| | |W|
| | | | |W| | |W|
| | | | |W|b| | |W|
| | | | |W|r|a|W|
| | | | |W|k| | |W|
| | | |?|W| | | |W|
| | |?| | | | |W|
| |?| | | | |W|
| |?| | | |W|
|?| | | |W|
|?|W|W|W|

1 = A couple of humanoids sleeping together.
" = Straw
o = Oldum (Hidden from everyone except for Kaliska and Aramil)

rangerjohn

Explorer
Mithreander said:
OOC: Hiding in shadows is a little more difficult then it used to be... you have to have shadows to hide in. If in this instance you wanted to hide, then you would have to travel quite a bit ahead of the group and stay in the shadowed sections listed on the map, but not far enough so that you yourself can not see. Beware creatures with darkvision, for you will need concealment to hide from them (oh, and consealment also works for those with normal sight).

Seeing the shadows retreat from the torch that the elf holds, Oldum moves up to the shadows ahead, knowing that he's safer there then in the direct light. From his new vantage point, he can see around yet another corner. There, beyond is a room with straw spewn on the floor, and in the corner of that room there is a couple of humanoids of somesort sleeping together.

What Oldum, Bjorn and Allen sees (though at the moment only Oldum can see the straw or the sleeping humanoids):

| |W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|1|"|s|s|o|s|s|s|
|W|"|"|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|
|W|"|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|s
|W|W|s|s| | | |s|W|
| | |W|W|W| | |W|
| | | | |W| | |W|
| | | | |W|b| | |W|
| | | | |W|r|a|W|
| | | | |W|k| | |W|
| | | |?|W| | | |W|
| | |?|s| | | |W|
| |?|s|s| | |W|
| |?|s|s|s|W|
|?|s|s|s|W|
|?|W|W|W|

s = Shadowy area.

What Aramil and Kaliska sees
| | | | | | | | | |?|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
| | | | | | | | | |?| | | |o| | | |W|
| | |?| | | | | | | |W|
| | | |?| | | | | |?|
| | |?|?| | | | |W|
| | | |?|W| | |W|
| | | | |W| | |W|
| | | | |W|b| | |W|
| | | | |W|r|a|W|
| | | | |W|k| | |W|
| | | |?|W| | | |W|
| | |?| | | | |W|
| |?| | | | |W|
| |?| | | |W|
|?| | | |W|
|?|W|W|W|

1 = A couple of humanoids sleeping together.
" = Straw
o = Oldum (Hidden from everyone except for Kaliska and Aramil)

When Bjorn (I guess I will bow to gm fiat) see Odlum go to scout ahead, he slows his approach and waits for a report.

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Mithreander said:
Oldum sneaks up and sees two orcs, one female and one male embraced in sleep on a bed of straw. They seem to be sleeping soundly.

Still trying to be as quiet as possible, Oldum looks for weapons of any sort. If he finds any and feels he can take them without making much noise, he does so and moves them out of reach of the orcs. After doing that, or if he does not see any weapons, he sneaks back to the others to tell them of the sleeping orcs.

"There are two orcs sleeping up ahead, They are a couple it looks like. Male and female. I do not know if they are hostile, otherwise I would have finished them off in their sleep."

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Thrarn Iranorn said:
Still trying to be as quiet as possible, Oldum looks for weapons of any sort. If he finds any and feels he can take them without making much noise, he does so and moves them out of reach of the orcs. After doing that, or if he does not see any weapons, he sneaks back to the others to tell them of the sleeping orcs.

"There are two orcs sleeping up ahead, They are a couple it looks like. Male and female. I do not know if they are hostile, otherwise I would have finished them off in their sleep."

Bjorn whispers "let us wake and question them, under weapons. It is unusual for a couple to be alone without guards."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads