• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Alter self/polymorph/wild shape confusion: which items meld? Which don't?

delericho

Legend
I know, very old thread, but...

So, when someone polymorphs, no matter what shape they take, they should keep any armor worn?
Because I can think of ways the armor could reshape, and resize to fit the wearer magically, thus should I allow it?
Nothing more intimidating than a Dire Bear rocking Spiked Leafweave Fullplate.

It is a very old thread. Since the thread started, WotC have issued errata for the polymorph school of spells, probably more than once. I would strongly recommend seeking that out to determine how to rule this spell. (That said, good luck in finding it! WotC have also redesigned their site, and finding anything from before the change is a challenge.)

Starfox

Hero
I'd say you can use a ring of tounges to understand speech in wildshape, but since a a whildshaped animal specifically cannot speak, it wouldn't help you speak. Tounges translates speech, not animal sounds.

Rath the Brown

First Post
It is a very old thread. Since the thread started, WotC have issued errata for the polymorph school of spells, probably more than once. I would strongly recommend seeking that out to determine how to rule this spell. (That said, good luck in finding it! WotC have also redesigned their site, and finding anything from before the change is a challenge.)
I hope this helps:

http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1406/~/d&d:-3.5-and-3.0-errata-and-faq

(You're probably not going to like the answer though)

Rath the Brown

First Post
I found those when searching a few days ago. I think that they're actually old versions of the files. Can't be absolutely certain, though!

Thanks anyway. :)

Some are; the clarifications for instance referring to the 2nd printing. The PHB 3.5 errata matches the latest errata I have saved; it's text matches the updates to the polymorph subschool in the PHB II.

Remove ads