D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] alternates to Freedom of Movement?

DumbPaladin

First Post
There's already a spelll to use Tenser's offensively. The only differences are that it's called Mindless Rage, it has a will save, it's only level 2, and it's in Spell Compendium. :)

(And that was tongue-in-cheek, I realize it's got other differences like being enchantment.)

Enchantment spells are by and large useless, since so many monsters are immune to mind-affecting effects, but I'm really glad I took Mindless Rage. It's shut some bad guys down, and I can certainly take their physical attacks -- assuming they can get past my AC 38.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Enchantment spells are by and large useless, since so many monsters are immune to mind-affecting effects, but I'm really glad I took Mindless Rage. It's shut some bad guys down, and I can certainly take their physical attacks -- assuming they can get past my AC 38.

And if an offensive version of TT existed, it would probably have to be mind affecting as well. It's one thing when the target simply can't attack because you Baleful Polymorphed him into a cute little turtle. But a Trans spell that doesn't change your form in such a way to restrict your actions yet still forces you to attack attack attack? Yeah, that's mind affecting.

Glad you enjoy using it, though. I would like to put Mindless Rage to good use some day. My dual shield using tanking gish bodyguard build would've picked that up if the game i had him in hadn't flopped. If you're using the spell on enemies with actual decent melee attacks (instead of bookworm mages and archers), though, you should try to get a fly speed or flight spell to maximize the pwnage. Most "you must attack me" abilities let the target off the hook if he simply can't get to you. The beauty of Mindless Rage is, even if he has no hope of meleeing you, he can't attack anyone else or cast spells still.

Eman Resu

First Post
again isnt RAW, 1/2 damage from grapple is subtracted from would be casters concentration ck? I had always played this, assumption being it was concidered cont. dmg?

Remove ads