[3.5] Answering the Call

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: I am terribly sorry about me dropping the ball with the game. My new job teaching middle- and high-school students in a residential treatment center has been kicking my backside. Fortunately, most of the problems which have made it difficult to get lessons prepared and materials ready have been solved. I'm going to get the game moving again before this coming weekend is over.

Again, mea culpa maxima.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
New char

Would you consider new character for Answering the call campaign.

I have two character ideas ready as my existing campaigns got slow.

My prefered would be fighter2/monk x (already created), but I have also Truenamer concept (from Tome of Magic) that can be brought up in play in a day or so...

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The well-armored fellow turns about after Curate Anselm's finished, and asks the assembled mercenaries and adventurers "Well, do any of you want to organize a united front, or do you all prefer to work alone? If you fancy slaying some orcs and returning alive to drink away the bounties, like I do, you might want to consider the former." He crosses his arms and waits a few minutes, before deciding whether or not to head out on his own.

The dwarf and his party of four other adventurers rise to leave. The dwarf lets loose a scoffing laugh as he and his comrades head toward the door.

Orinar moves to consider the man who had made the offer of presenting the organized front. He smiles as he regards the smaller man. "If you can handle your blade well, than I'm all for joining forces. We'll kill us some scum, earn us some gold, and drink us some ale! Har!" The massive man lets out a thundering laugh.

After a few more moments, no one is left in the chapel except Orinar, Menno, and the well-armored fellow who first spoke.

Rhun

First Post
Orinar glances down at the rest of his companions, and smiles. "Shall we discuss our newfound partnership over a few mugs of ale?"

Arkhandus

First Post
With a sigh, the armored man leaves the first pew to head for the exit, and his silver eyes glimmer in the light. "Aye, let's get a drink." he says along the way out.

Outside, he turns back towards the few others that were left inside, and says "Oh, I'm Lars Crichton, by the way. Now let's go get a little drunk." The platinum-blonde starts walking towards the nearest tavern, thinking 'That dwarf's group isn't going to be cooperative, I'm sure, so I'll have to make do with whatever it is Heironeous has left me...hooo boy.'

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The tavern remains much as it was before the meeting in the chapel. The most significant difference is that the gnomish musician is absent. Also, the establishment is largely empty. Two soldiers, looking weary, sit at a table. The acerbic dwarf and his comrades are not present. The newly-formed party of Lars, Orinar, and Menno is welcomed warmly again.

"Sit, sit! We have food and drink a-plenty, good sirs!" says a serving wench.

OOC BTW: I have Internet access tonight only since I'm Austin in a hotel waiting for some sort of professional development classes tomorrow.

Rhun

First Post
"Ale all around," says Orinar, finding a sturdy bench to take a seat on. The Giantsblood didn't want to have to pay for any broken furniture. Then, the half-giant turns his attention back to his companions. "Well met, Lars. I am Orinar, and this skinny fellow here is my companion Menno."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Ale all around," says Orinar, finding a sturdy bench to take a seat on. The Giantsblood didn't want to have to pay for any broken furniture. Then, the half-giant turns his attention back to his companions. "Well met, Lars. I am Orinar, and this skinny fellow here is my companion Menno."

The serving wench curtsies and hustles off to fetch the drinks, for the moment leaving the adventurers more or less alone to discuss plans.

Rhun

First Post
The massive Orinar looks Lars over and smiles at the man. "You look skilled enough with the blade. What else can you do? If we are to be companions, fighting together, we should no each other's abilities." The Giantsblood flexes a heavily muscled thew, and then touches the hilt of the massive greatsword over his back. "Mainly I just rush in and lay about with my blade, cutting down any foe that stands between me and victory."

Arkhandus

First Post
Lars sits down with a clank, and sets down his loaded backpack on the bench beside him. His silver eyes and silver-like hair mark him as something unusual, but he otherwise looks human.

"Guess it's best to discuss such things before I get drunk.... I've trained a fair bit in how to wield an axe, but that's about my only significant skill right now. I can cook a bit and handle a horse, but that's not important for fightin' orcs and such. Heironeous has given me some minor blessings to fight such evil, though. I have not yet proven myself worthy of more, but it should nonetheless be some help against what dwells in the Caves of Chaos." he says.

Remove ads