D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Canny Defense Question

LokiDR

First Post
Spatzimaus said:

I'd suggest one of two changes:
1> Let any one-handed melee weapon work.
2> All weapons benefiting from Weapon Finesse work, no matter how many hands they use.

Either way would be an improvement, IMO.

I agree. A longsword or saber fits a dualist better then a shortspear. Thankfully, there is rule 0.

drnuncheon

Explorer
This is one of those cases where GURPS does it better - in addition to being piercing, slashing or bludgeoning (well, impaling, cutting, and crushing in GURPS terms), the weapons are either thrusting or swinging, depending on their mode of use. So for a duelist you could specify 'one-handed thrusting weapons' (since very few if any are not piercing).

J

MarauderX

Explorer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
It's so you don't dip into Duelist for one level just for the Int bonus to AC, then move on.

Unless you are a smart monk that wants to take advantage of every bonus he has...

For instance, a monk could take the Duelist PrC and get bonuses to AC for Int, Wis and Dex just by weilding a butter knife, or more likely a shigham (it has a blade, right?).
With my current PC: Str-10, Dex-16, Con-12, Int-14, Wis-17, Cha-8.

He took the extra Int to get Expertise and eventually Grappling Block. Right now with 1 level in Wizard he can cast Mage Armor and be at AC=20 to be more 'untouchable' than anyone else.

Remove ads