D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Epic Spell Focus must still be +6 DC

Kaelynna

First Post
Hello,

The other day I asked a question on these boards about Epic Spell Focus and what the DC is in 3.5. After looking at the Official D&D accessory download for the 3.0 supplement books (i.e., Epic Level Handbook), it appears that there are no changes to Epic Weapon Focus or Epic Spell Focus.

So does this mean that Spell Focus is +1 DC
Greater Spell Focus is +2 DC total
and Epic Spell Focus is +6 DC total?

This appears to be the case.

- K.

the Jester

Legend
Looks that way to me. I'd say at Epic levels you need that +6- lots of Epic monsters have insanely high SR, and there's really not much of a way around it (except homebrewed spells/items/etc.)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
the Jester said:
lots of Epic monsters have insanely high SR, and there's really not much of a way around it (except homebrewed spells/items/etc.)
Epic Spell Focus doesn't give a bonus against SR, though.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Oh, another Kae. Welcome aboard.

Either they forgot about it or really want that boost. I think you can rule it either way and it's fine.

Spell Power in the new edition adds to caster level for purposes of determining range, damage, duration, etc.. as well as vs. SR. The Heirophant had spell power as well in 3e, but I'm not sure about them in 3.5e

Hope that helps :)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Spell Power in the new edition adds to caster level for purposes of determining range, damage, duration, etc.. as well as vs. SR. The Heirophant had spell power as well in 3e, but I'm not sure about them in 3.5e

Hope that helps :)
Spell Power works the same for all classes now, it seems. (Though the Red Wizard's is restricted to his specialized school, I suppose.) And yeah, Hierophants have it, too. And still no spell progression, IIRC. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads