D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Facing+Spacing Rules

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
mmu1 said:
I don't like the change either. In a game where most structures (dungeons, towns, castles) are designed on a human scale, it'll make for ridiculously cramped battlefields - the new Ogre, for example, ends up filling and threatening 1.5 times as much space as the old one. I'm really curious what they did with dragons...

How many ogres do you expect to meet in a human-scaled setting? If it's a dungeon, they'll be living in an ogre-sized section. If it's a castle, it'll be ogre-sized, and if it's a town, you can have all sorts of fun smashing stuff up as they rampage...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
the new facing makes sense in that it takes into account the creature turning around or from side to side... (of course, that would prevent a long creature from entering a narrow tunnel so that might be a problem, no?)

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
mmu1 said:
I don't like the change either. In a game where most structures (dungeons, towns, castles) are designed on a human scale, it'll make for ridiculously cramped battlefields - the new Ogre, for example, ends up filling and threatening 1.5 times as much space as the old one. I'm really curious what they did with dragons...

I dunno. It seems like what you are complaining about is 'realistic' FWIW.

reapersaurus

Explorer
What did they do about AntiMagic Field's radius, and Large creatures?

If it stays 10' radius, measured from the center of the creature, than other people can walk right up and melee attack without worrying about entering the AMF, right?

Remove ads