• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] Got the books, noticed a couple things...

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
I do so enjoy being closed down

Hey everyone.

Someone answer this for me, pretty please.

WTH is ***GREATER INVISIBILITY***?

--- across India protests sweep the streets ---

No seriously, it's not the same =(

Nearly as bad as greater teleport.

On other topics, I misread a spell as 'seafaring light' heh.

That fiery bolt spell thing is a 2nd level magic missile... always pretty handy!

Um just browsed PHB so far, DMG and MM are awaiting but so far I like it. Still I should read through important text or something.

EDIT: sorry, misred became misrouge then misrogue and eventually misread =)

Last edited:

Dimwhit

Explorer
So what's different about Greater Invisibility (aside from being changed from Improved Invisibility)? I haven't heard about any changes, and I don't have the books.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Hjorimir said:
Oh I dunno...conjure a bunch of minions....haste...go get em' boyz!

I don't know it usually goes something like this in my experience, start casting summon monster Y, all opponents say holly crap he's been chanting and shaking his butt at us for a long time this must be one nasty spell, get em. Spellcaster then falls over dead without ever geting to display his feasome power by summoning the ever terrifying dire badger.

On the off chance that your foes are too incompetent to make you fall over dead in one round or at least disrupt your spell, then you get to see a monster appear that is only a threat because your foes are too incomeptent to disrupt your spell.

edit to add hopefully the new SM lists are better so you don't summon crap all the time.

Last edited:

Vanye

Explorer
Dimwhit said:
So what's different about Greater Invisibility (aside from being changed from Improved Invisibility)? I haven't heard about any changes, and I don't have the books.

It's the same as Invisibility (duration 1min/level), and it doesn't go away when you attack.

Seems to me to be the same as Improved Invisibility...

Hjorimir

Adventurer
I don't know it usually goes something like this in my experience, start casting summon monster Y, all opponents say holly crap he's been chanting and shaking his butt at us for a long time this must be one nasty spell, get em. Spellcaster then falls over dead without ever geting to display his feasome power by summoning the ever terrifying dire badger.

On the off chance that your foes are too incompetent to make you fall over dead in one round or at least disrupt your spell, then you get to see a monster appear that is only a threat because your foes are too incomeptent to disrupt your spell.

edit to add hopefully the new SM lists are better so you don't summon crap all the time.

Try strarting with an invisibility spell perhaps? Or maybe some of those nifty Wall Spells? Or...or...or...

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Don't summon spells last 10 mins/level now? That makes things easier, just summon your critter before you get into combat.

Note that I don't have the books yet, so I might be mistaken on the duration.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
MeepoTheMighty said:
Don't summon spells last 10 mins/level now? That makes things easier, just summon your critter before you get into combat.

I didn't notice. Can anybody with a PHB3.5 handy check on this, please?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Hjorimir said:

Try strarting with an invisibility spell perhaps? Or maybe some of those nifty Wall Spells? Or...or...or...

So when do you start contributing to your fights again?

If I have to cast a prep spell in order to get off another spell that other spell better kick butt and not suck butt. And which one does the SM spells do in 3e until like sm6 or so, um suck butt I think.

Rugger

Explorer
MeepoTheMighty said:

Nope.

This would have been cool, but it was shown to be a hoax :(

-Rugger
"I Summon!"

Hjorimir

Adventurer
So when do you start contributing to your fights again?

If I have to cast a prep spell in order to get off another spell that other spell better kick butt and not suck butt. And which one does the SM spells do in 3e until like sm6 or so, um suck butt I think.

How about...hrmm...looks like danger ahead (cast invisibility) okay, let's go.

Sure, not all spells are great in all situations. But the point was (and remains) that haste is still a great spell. Even if you don't want to use summons how about a little team work? Cast haste and now all the fighters in the group are a much bigger obstacle to get past before those pesky monsters get to the wizard. Seems like a good thing to me.

Remove ads