D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Greater Weap. Spec and Superior Weap. Spec

pingpong

First Post
does anyone know if the new Greater Weapon Specialization (and Focus) will stack with the class ability Superior Weapon Specialization (and Focus)? just off the top of my head, Order of the Bow Initiate gets Sup. WS and WF, while the Weaponmaster gets Sup. WF.

is there any language in the write-ups for these new feats in the Revised PHB that disallow this?

I could see all of it stacking if the new feats are written up like this, taking Greater Weapon Focus for example: "As Weapon Focus, but this feat gives the user a +2 to attacks with the specified weapon. This bonus supercedes that of Weapon Focus."

but it probably isnt, and it probably shouldnt stack either :)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I think those prestige classes should probably be re-written to incorporate the new GWF and GWS, to eliminate problems. WotC hasn't done it in the new books, but it sounds like there are pretty obvious changes to make.

pingpong

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I think those prestige classes should probably be re-written to incorporate the new GWF and GWS, to eliminate problems. WotC hasn't done it in the new books, but it sounds like there are pretty obvious changes to make.

thats kinda what i thought, or they should have named the feats that appear in the Revised PHB Superior WS and WF (as opposed to Greater). that way, if they have the same name, they wouldnt stack.

XCorvis

First Post
pingpong said:

thats kinda what i thought, or they should have named the feats that appear in the Revised PHB Superior WS and WF (as opposed to Greater). that way, if they have the same name, they wouldnt stack.
Remember that WotC renamed a bunch of spells to match conventions. According to the advance copy of the conversion guide I saw, Improved Invisibility has been renamed to Greater or Major Invisibility, or something equally stupid.

Along those lines, they probably just chose the name "Greater WS" so that it would match a bunch of other "Greater XXX" feats.

Remove ads