D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Half Drow

Melkor

Explorer
One of my player's wants to make up a Half Drow character. Since the Drow PC cliche hasn't entered my games in the past, and since the character would fit in well with the City of the Spider Queen idea that I am trying to put together, I think I'm going to allow it.

Is a Half-Drow treated like any other Half-Elf in 3.5 ? If not, what is different and where can I find the information ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

First Post
Races of Faerun has information about the Half-Drow.

The thing that bothers me is that the Half-Drow gets Darkvision of 60 feet has Drow Blood rather than Elven Blood, but has nothing lost from the Standard Half-Elf.

So basically it is a half elf with Darkvision rather than Low-light with no penalties other than the prejudice that he will face from NPCs. And if they wish to spend a feat they can aquire "Drow Eyes" which is a feat for Half-Drow granting them Darkvision 120'.

Anyway to once again answer your inquiry as to a reference for this material.... Races of Faerun is where you will find history, outlook, society, language and literacy, magic and lore, deity, racial relation, equipment, and regional information for Half-Drow and many other sub-races, obscure races located in the lands of Faerun.

Hope this helps
Juggs

Pax

Banned
Banned
Tack Light Sensitivity (per the Drow themselves) onto the Half-Drow, and it soundsbalanced to me. Better ability to see int eh dark, option to extend that further with a feat ...

... versus the NEED to spend a feat to cut down on penalties when in bright light?

Sound fair to me. :cool:

LGodamus

First Post
on the other hand half elves suck bad enough. I would just not give drow the bonus to skills that a normal half elf enjoys.

Remove ads