D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] He is a Sapphire Hierarch; she is a Ruby Knight Vindicator. They fight crime.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Just has this idea of a "Red and Blue" LN pairing. Not sure if I could make a D&D party out of a dedicated "anti-chaos" group or not (monks are lawful but the tier difference would be quite large).

Maybe just the two of them for adventures. That might be hilarious.

nijineko

Explorer
With the right mix of equipment and selections, a monk can put out more damage than any other melee type in the game. over 100 damage per strike minimum, easy.

nijineko

Explorer
Um, well the basic idea is to use the greater mighty wallop spell as a continual use item, and then stack on as many other size increases as you can that will fit your build.

If the DM allows you to extrapolate the damage increase due to size increase table (see here or here or the Savage Species book) then truly insane damage per hit totals become possible.

Mix this with the monk's unarmed strike damage, and you get some really sick numbers.

nijineko

Explorer
I find that questionable.

Completely RAW... until you reach the end of the table, that is.

Also, I don't think there technically is a table entry that fits the 20th level monk's unarmed strike damage for size increases.

Most people are using the superscript (1) note as justification for extending/extrapolating the table indefinitely. Look up the "Increased Damage by Size" table in the SRD (my second 'here' link, iirc). Also the Savage Species table goes up higher, and as some people view that as the 3.0/3.5 transition book, so some use that for basis as well.

If you restrict the monk to the end of the table, then the damage totals are not quite as impressive, but still hefty. CO with restricted tables, perhaps TO if using extrapolated tables.

Remove ads