• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 (3.5) Hound Archon Teleport Questions

orion90000

First Post
The 50 lb object limit: does this include all carried equipment or is this in addition to his equipment?

Full plate weighs 50 lbs.

If he is carrying more than 50 lbs, does he fail to teleport or does he leave things behind. if he leaves things behind, how would they be determined?

delericho

Legend
The 50 lb object limit: does this include all carried equipment or is this in addition to his equipment?

Per the letter of the rules, this would appear to include all carried equipment (the teleport spell description only mentions objects in the context of a character's maximum load, which suggests it means equipment carried; this 50-pound limit is simply a tigher limit to that). However, I'd be inclined to ignore the "50 pound" limit in this case, and let the Archon teleport with as much equipment (but specifically not other creatures) as he can carry.

If he is carrying more than 50 lbs, does he fail to teleport or does he leave things behind. if he leaves things behind, how would they be determined?

If for some reason I felt the need to abide by the 50 pound limit, I would rule that equipment got left behind. And I'd let the Archon choose - if a Wizard were to cast the spell, he could choose which of the creatures beside him he took with him and which he left behind; the same would apply here to the Archon and his gear.

orion90000

First Post
I suppose that means I'm getting a lot of mithiral gear. However, it would make getting out of armor a heck of a lot easier, just pick up a 50 lb rock and teleport 5 ft. Instant armor removal for bed.

delericho

Legend
I suppose that means I'm getting a lot of mithiral gear. However, it would make getting out of armor a heck of a lot easier, just pick up a 50 lb rock and teleport 5 ft. Instant armor removal for bed.

Eh. Speak to your DM, and ask him how he's going to rule it. And ask him nicely if he couldn't, just perhaps, be persuaded to waive that limit in favour of letting you teleport with your gear. That doesn't seem a terribly unreasonable thing to do, and would save your character a lot of money.

Remove ads