D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 monster levels and XP

Emiricol

Okay, in 3.5 many monster mods as PC races are all listed. Some have racial levels and level adjustments, and I get all that, and how they tie into ECL and so forth.

What I don't get is how much XP do they start out with? XP for their ECL?

In other words, that bugbear rog1 (ecl 5) wants to get to Rog2. Does he need 1000 xp, or 15,000 XP?

I'm guessing ECL, since the race levels are described as levels.

If that's so, is the listed Level Adjustment also included, or is the starting XP based only on race levels and class levels?

Thanks.

Pax

Banned
Banned
Emiricol said:
Okay, in 3.5 many monster mods as PC races are all listed. Some have racial levels and level adjustments, and I get all that, and how they tie into ECL and so forth.

What I don't get is how much XP do they start out with? XP for their ECL?

In other words, that bugbear rog1 (ecl 5) wants to get to Rog2. Does he need 1000 xp, or 15,000 XP?

The latter, not the former. The entire point of ECL is, you are the EQUIVALENT of a character of that level. A Bugbear Rogue(1) would not be appropriate for startign alongside a Human Rogue(1); rather, a Human Rogue(5) would be the equivalent character.

I'm guessing ECL, since the race levels are described as levels.

If that's so, is the listed Level Adjustment also included, or is the starting XP based only on race levels and class levels?

Thanks.

Starting XP is based on total ECL. Total ECL is HD + Class Levels + LEvel Adjustment.

Remove ads