D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Partial actions aren't gone, they are renamed, and the resulting confusion

ForceUser

Explorer
Charge is a full round action in 3.5 instead of a standard, so readying a partial charge is no longer possible. That's fine, I always thought a partial charge was cheesy.

drnuncheon

Explorer
ForceUser said:
Charge is a full round action in 3.5 instead of a standard, so readying a partial charge is no longer possible. That's fine, I always thought a partial charge was cheesy.

Well...partially right anyway. "If you are able to take only a standard action or a move actionon your turn, you can still charge, but you are only allowed to move up to your speed (instead of up to double your speed). You can't use this option unless you are restricted to taking only a standard action or a move action on your turn (such as during a surprise round).

So, no readying a 'partial charge' (which, you're right, is pretty goofy - 'I can run 30' and attack you before you finish that spell!'), but you can still make a 'partial charge' if you're slowed or a zombie or something.

Planesdragon

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [3.5] Partial actions aren't gone, they are renamed, and the resulting co

ForceUser said:
And it's confusing me. What, did you want to scrap or something?

If we must, but I'd rather not.

Apologies if you're upset at my comment--but I really never read "standard action" as "a partial action and a move-equivalent action." I understood standard actions to be "actions you could take along with a move action in a single round."

Remove ads