D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Rangers w/ Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Eye Tyrant

First Post
So I have another player joining my small (two player) group. We've rolled him up a Ranger11/Horizon Walker3 and he seems eager to join the game. My question is... when calculating the BAB for his off-hand attacks (3) he is at -2, -5, -10 respectively, right? Now, if his regular BAB is 11/9/5 for instance (we're not adding STR or weapon enhancements for now) that would give him a 9/4/-5 with his 3 off-hand attacks, or do all off-hand attacks strike with the highest original BAB, in this case the 11 which would make the third off-hand attack a BAB of 1...?

Can someone please confirm whether I have this right or not? I have another player with the same Feat(s) that use a double-weapon... Thoughts on that one...?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Artoomis

First Post
Eye Tyrant said:
...Now, if his regular BAB is 11/9/5 for instance (we're not adding STR or weapon enhancements for now) that would give him a 9/4/-5 with his 3 off-hand attacks, or do all off-hand attacks strike with the highest original BAB, in this case the 11 which would make the third off-hand attack a BAB of 1...? ...

Thanks in advance!!

The second choice (9/7/1). Note that the requirement is BAB +11, meaning you have an attack bonus of at least 1 for the attack you pick up with this feat.

Also look to Improved Two Weapon Fighting - BAB +6 required. Again, it's what you need so that you keep an attack bonus of at least 1 for the attack you gain with the feat.

Mal-2

First Post
Some of your numbers up there look funny. How could you have a BAB of +11/+9/+5? The first number is too low, and the others should be descending by 5s.

A Ranger 11 / Horizon Walker 3 should have a BAB of +14/+9/+4.

With the ranger two-weapon combat style, he has the following feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting.

Assuming the ranger is using a light weapon in his off hand (or a double weapon), his attacks should look like this:

Primary Hand: +12/+7/+2
Off-Hand: +12/+7/+2

If he's using a one-handed weapon in each hand, it would look like this:

Primary Hand: +10/+5/+0
Off Hand: +10/+5/+0

Remove ads