• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 reprints....who has them?

Stormonu

Legend
I was surprised how good the new covers/backs looked (sadly, they were wrapped and I couldn't peruse the inside). I had a copy of the MM in my hands and had walked up to the counter to buy it when I suddenly realized I'd never use it because I'd moved on to PF. Oh well, ended up putting it back.

JeffB

Legend
I thought they were 50 bucks each? Edit. Ah...North of the border. 60, it is.

Through Amazon they are $33 each. And I get free shipping. Much more reasonable. I paid $70 for the originals, shipped. Edit, actually less than $68 for the originals.

I will pick the reprints up at some point after I unload my 4e library and some other stuff that has been hanging around for a few years I no longer need.

Last edited:

Argyle King

Legend
I have the special editions of the 3.5 books which were made before --the ones with the black leather covers and silver tipped pages. How do the reprints compare to those?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I have the special editions of the 3.5 books which were made before --the ones with the black leather covers and silver tipped pages. How do the reprints compare to those?
From a content point of view, the premium reprints contain all of the errata published after the special edition leatherette covers were published -- including some fairly significant changes to polymorph spells -- so they are more up-to-date than the special edition versions.

More importantly (at least for me) is that the additional errata wasn't applied mindlessly, but with some editing care. The errata text wasn't simply spliced "as is" into the text, but in some cases, during the process of adding the errata, the text was moved around slightly and edited to flow better. That's a small thing, but makes me feel that the reprints were prepared with care and true attention to detail rather than just to make a quick buck.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm curious if they have some of the "new rules" that were slipped into the Rules Compendium.

If I recall correctly, the latter book mentioned the effects of a corporeal and an incorporeal creature sharing the same space (e.g. cover for the incorporeal creature, concealment for the incorporeal creature) and had a Sleight of Hand entry for casting spells as a disguised set of gestures and mumbles.

I doubt those are in the reprints, but it'd be nice if they were.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I received a set of these for DM'ing at PAX this year. Also, I got two of the AD&D reprints (PHB and MM, not the DMG sadly), a copy of Menzoberranzan (a very nice book), and another book or two. In addition to some magic cards.

Certainly a worthwhile gig for DMs!

JeffB

Legend
Got a message this morning that during packing the spine broke/fell apart on my vgc used phb and some pages fell out. Seller gave me a refund, and I purchased the reprint PHB. So I will find out Friday how nice they are or are not for myself.

The errata is nice but the price is steep. It might almost be cheapest to take my original 3.5e printings to a book binders and have them add new covers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads