D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Skirmish for Monks

Dandu

First Post
I assumed he'd have the proposed Skirmish instead of flurry and improved unarmed damage.
You know, that could be how he's doing it... but wouldn't it be balanced by the fact that Skirmish faces the same restrictions as Sneak Attack as to what can be affected, along with the fact that charging can only be carried out in specific circumstances? (Smooth terrain, no obstacles in path, etc)

It's more powerful than what you'd find in core (well, sort of. A Spirited Charge build does 70-80 damage that's reduced when you face undead, plants, constructs, etc), but given that core melee tends to be rather weak in the first place...

Last edited:

HoboGod

First Post
1d10 becomes 2d6 with Monk's Belt, 2d8 with Superior Unarmed Strike, 3d8 with Improved Natural Attack, and she has the Flying Kick feat. She has 24 Strength and a +2 Necklace of Natural Weapons.

On her charge, she does 3d8+9+1d12, then 3d8+9, 3d8+9, 3d8+9, which totals 12d8+36+1d12, the average of which is about 97, but she can safely power attack most things at -3, -5 when charging, so her average is 117. I exaggerated by 3, so sue me.

But as for the monk surviving the full onslaught of a hyrda, of course not! It's mutual annihilation at it's finest. Though not many unbuffed 10th level characters could survive a hydra's full attention as it is. Again, I just think the damage output is impressive.

Dandu

First Post
But as for the monk surviving the full onslaught of a hyrda, of course not! It's mutual annihilation at it's finest. Though not many unbuffed 10th level characters could survive a hydra's full attention as it is. Again, I just think the damage output is impressive.
I consider it on par, given the amount of effort the player put into it.

You know, I can about match that without straying out of core*. Probably one of the reasons why I don't really consider it broken.

[sblock]Paladin5/Sorcerer2/Dragon Disciple3

Feats: Power Attack, Mounted Combat, Spirited Charge, Ride By Attack, Cleave

Spells known: True Strike, Feather Fall

Strength: 24 (16 starting, +2 levels, +4 item, +2 Dragon Disciple), mod is +7.

Casting True Strike allows you to PA for full. Your BAB is 8. Let's throw on Rhino Hide armor and a +2 lance.

(1d8+10.5+2+16)*3+2d6=106 damage. I'm shore by 11 points of damage, but on the bright side, the paladin has an attack bonus of... 8+7+2+20-8= +29

Downside: Well, you have to buff for one round. And you're kinda reliant on this mount thing, which is rather large. (On the plus side, Horseshoes of a Zephyr allow you to ignore difficult terrain when charging.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads