D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Sniff ... Kobold Characters have -2 con now

Technik4 said:
Speaking of extremes, a kobold with NPC classes is treated as level -3.

Where does it say this?

So a Kobold War20 is a CR 17 (If it were a human War20 it would be a CR 19). Does this seem off? I mean, the race does have some drawbacks (low str, low con). I guess its kinda like an elf with -4 str and without most of the elvish abilities. But their speed is still 30 (which is pretty big) and they are small. I don't know, anyone else feeling me on this?
Technik

Goblins have the same speed. I don't see how -4 Str is any kind of penalty to a kobold sorcerer or even a rogue.

Stalker0

Legend
Darklone said:
I agree, it's an insult.

Meepo, eat them.

It just shows the WOTC finally respected and understood the kobold position. I mean guys, come on, we've all known it for a long time now... although no one wanted to admit it.

Kobolds were just too bad ass. From meepo onward, Kobolds just got it done. It was imbalancing and I'm very glad WOTC has handeled the situation:D

Darklone

Let's see. Compared to other small player races, their advantages were: +1 natural armour and fast movement, darkvision.

Hmm. Halflings have a lot of skill bonuses and saves bonuses.

I don't see the big advantage :D

Winternight

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:
In tonight's session, we were clearing out a dungeon that was filled with orcs and goblins. The goblins kept a dozen or so kobolds as kitchen slaves, and we found them huddled in the kitchen trying to avoid the fighting.

After we had killed everything else, the fighter in the party bet the rest of us that he could take a dozen kobolds with his bare hands. The DM let the rest of the party play the role of kobolds....
Isn`t that an evil act?
He tried to kill the kobolds for sports, for a bet?
I wouldn't allow him to be raised by an good cleric.
just MSNHO

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Bah. Noone punishes you for crimes on Kobolds. Because these crimes are really, really funny :D (And yes, I read The Parking Lot is Full!)

Darklone said:
Let's see. Compared to other small player races, their advantages were: +1 natural armour and fast movement, darkvision.

Hmm. Halflings have a lot of skill bonuses and saves bonuses.

I don't see the big advantage :D

I forgot about the saving throw bonuses, which is a very good reason to play a halflling. I'm not too sure about the elven save bonuses though. I don't care about the skill bonuses though, since they don't help spellcasters. Now, if kobolds got skill bonuses to Tumble and Escape Artist ... :D

Remove ads