• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Wildling Clasp equivalent?

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
Did anything like the Wildling Clasp (which lets a piece of magical gear keep functioning when a druid changes form) ever make it into 3.5?

I'm using the Shapeshift variant from PHB II and having many of my stats change due to loss of periapts etc. really offsets a lot of the elegance of that option (though it is still leaps and bounds better than wildshape!).

Last edited:

Starbuck_II

First Post
Did anything like the Wildling Clasp (which lets a piece of magical gear keep functioning when a druid changes form) ever make it into 3.5?

I'm using the Shapeshift variant from PHB II and having many of my stats change due to loss of periapts etc. really offsets a lot of the elegance of that option (though it is still leaps and bounds better than wildshape!).
Technically, the 3.5 update says anything not updated is still useable. Whether they need a adjustment is up to DM, but should be useable.

Jack Simth

First Post
Are you sure they are broken when using the PHB2 shapeshifter variant? While broken when combined with the core wildshape rules, the PHB2 Variant really fixes the druid.
Certain? No, never statted things up with the variant. With a quick run-through on the variant, though, suggests the variant is balanced based on a lack of equipment... and at the high end, Wilding Clasps are basically little more than a 10% tax on your better pieces of equipment.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads